RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Question based on Rpg Maker 2000

Rep: +0/-0Level 76
RMRK Junior
Hi, im new, names Luke obviously :D

I may of posted this in the wrong forum, so please forgive me if i have. ive got two simple questions that stops me on the brink from downloading rpg2k, Its an illegal downlaod rght, so my question is , is there any way i can get in trouble by downloading and making games with rpg2k?

My second queston is do you need an rpg maker to play a game made with rpg maker?

Thanks for your help, :)

Rep:
Level 91
Yes, the evil internet police will track you down!
No actually most of the rpg makers have a trial period, so you can just download them and enjoy the trial while it lasts in a perfectly legal way.

as for your second question, if I recall correctly you can play them for as long as you have the library files (which are installed with the maker but can be redistributed with your game if you wish)
holy shit my sig was big!

RMRK Junior
mmmhm, after all the tutorials ive read, id say a month wouldnt be long enough to make a game, :S

Ill just have to make do :)

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
I have no idea how you just skipped over the section labeled "RMRK Game Creation" and went past it to a random section that's described as "Talk about almost anything that isn't covered by any of the other forums," implying that you should look at all the other boards first and see where it would best apply. Especially if you can recognize that this is probably the wrong board to put it in.

In any case, said, the RTP is what you need to play most/all games. If there's any custom resource, it'll probably be included. Sometimes you won't even need the RTP since some people may have versions where they include it.

As for the illegal download, you should be fine using it. Nobody will track you down unless you actually use it for commercial use. In that case, you're better off just buying the program. Of course, if you're planning to make a game for commercial use, you're better off just learning to code on your own.

RMRK Junior
I have no idea how you just skipped over the section labeled "RMRK Game Creation" and went past it to a random section that's described as "Talk about almost anything that isn't covered by any of the other forums," implying that you should look at all the other boards first and see where it would best apply. Especially if you can recognize that this is probably the wrong board to put it in.

You will be amazed at what i can manage :)

Thanks for the help guys.