RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
How long do you think it should take to play through a demo?

Rep: +0/-0Level 76
BBCode FTW!
1-10 minutes
11-20 minutes
21-30 minutes
Other (please specify!)

Dream: >Demo: V-1.1< >Game: 8%<
MY BIG SECRET:
Spoiler for:
I can toast people..

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
Depends on what you're trying to show off, I suppose. Content is more important than how long it is. You could have a 10 minute demo that sucks and a 2 minute demo that kicks ass. So, if you're making an RPG, just find a good start and stop point that gives a general teaser / summation of what your game is about.

BBCode FTW!
For a medium one around 7-8 minutes, then?

I don't have any fancy scripts becuase I'm still in the process of learning ruby (In other words I can't be bothered to learn it right now) and I dis-like having a spoiler full of credit which would probably deter people. I used loads of events though. If have used more, but at like the sixth option in chat I start getting horribly confused.

Dream: >Demo: V-1.1< >Game: 8%<
MY BIG SECRET:
Spoiler for:
I can toast people..

Rep:
Level 84
It's human to misdo
For a medium one around 7-8 minutes, then?
Just play the game from the beginning and get to the point where you think it would be good to end the demo so that the player want to get the full game. Like after something has happened or if the main characters sister have gone kidnapped or something like that.

Only a Real Alliance will Conquer.
Try making a Demo get to a Point of Awesomness in the Game Where people wanna go on as Stripe103 said,but make sure not to much is revealed.When I do a Demo I would usualy take out Features by making an Alternate Version without specifics that may make the Game more fun in the Long run or try to Cut out like Random Dungeons for treasure and Farming Items within to keep it where they wanna try the whole thing.
You think you Know me,but I don't Even Know myself ;D