RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Race to said place.

Rep: +0/-0Level 76
BBCode FTW!
Is there any way of starting a timer, and at the end of the timer, if the player has not gone into a certain map then [insert whatever here] happens?

I don't know, would you just add a variable into the place he goes through to get there and make the timer global somehow?

And are Self-Switches local to said object?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 01:05:47 PM by trappingnoobs »

Dream: >Demo: V-1.1< >Game: 8%<
MY BIG SECRET:
Spoiler for:
I can toast people..

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
You haven't even said what kind of Game Maker you're using. For all we know, you could be using something that's never even been mentioned on these forums before, lol.

If it's RPG Maker, I suggest you look through the list of choices when eventing. I'm not sure about RM2k/2k3, though.

BBCode FTW!
Sorry, my fault.

It's VX. Shall I just try experimenting until I find it?

MY BIG SECRET:
Spoiler for:
I can toast people..

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Self-switches apply only to the event they are used in; you can use regular switches if you want them to apply to other events.

As for timer, use the Control Timer event command on the first page of event commands right below Control Self Switch.

You can use conditional branches to check where the timer is at; it's one of the options.

BBCode FTW!
Thanks modern I'll use that, I will probably use it for quite a few things.

(Wow the name change was fast, I only requested it 20 minutes ago, I expected it to take a bit longer)

MY BIG SECRET:
Spoiler for:
I can toast people..

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
It's an automated system. Roph wrote this really neat program that is able to decipher which posts are asking for a name change by recognizing key terms and doing it automatically. It doesn't always work, and once it accidentally changed the name of someone who was complaining about something entirely unrelated, but it's actually pretty good.