RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Wii] Xenoblade / Monado: Beginning of the World

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician

It's called Xenoblade in Japan. In America, it will be called Monado: Beginning of the World.
I don't care. It'll be the same game.

6 Minute, detailed trailer (in Japanese).

It sports features such as:
* Fast Travel
* Save Anywhere
* Advance Time Freely (No more waiting around for time to pass)
* Full customizable characters (change clothing at any time)
* Character clothing/appearance changes can be seen in battle, on the field, and even in cutscenes.
* Social-Simulation elements with NPC's (Persona-ish?)
* SEE INTO THE FUTURE. In battles. Like, you'll see that your friend will get his ass handed to him in a few minutes during this battle. So now, you can take measures to PREVENT that from happening!
* Interact with your allies in real-time
* Battle system = Final Fantasy XII

** YASUNORI MITSUDA AND YOKO SHIMOMURA **

Let's get some misconceptions out of the way first. Xenoblade may have "Xeno" in the title. It may be coming from Monolith Software. But It's not a new entry in the Xenosaga series.

The game's director, Tetsuya Takahashi clears any sort of confusion over the "Xeno" name in a lengthy interview in this week's Famitsu. The Xeno name, he said, should be taken as just a symbol, placed there as some sort of common point with Monolith's past works. Xenoblade is a completely new game, with a new world setting.

He provided first details on that setting.

Xenoblade takes on the corpses of two giant gods who once fought a great battle. If you visit the site, you'll see those two gods engaged in battle. In their final resting position, they still look like they're fighting, although both have nearly fallen to their knees.

With Xenoblade, he wanted to develop a game where it was simply fun to adventure about, and where the feeling of freedom was high. He promised a 50 to 60 hour play experience, one that won't be taken up by level grinding nor by endless cut scenes.

It just came out 5 days ago in Japan. Famitsu gave it a 9/9/9/9.
It IS coming to America, soon. Maybe we'll find out when at E3.

I've never been so excited for a game.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 05:06:26 PM by Arlen »

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 81
it's time to poke
Seeing them all swim together made me laugh.

Looks really sweet, though.

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Project of the Month winner for September 2009
YOKO SHIMOMURA

That's all you had to say really.  ;8

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
Aw, I was hoping that is WAS some new Xenosaga game.

Still sounds cool though. o.o

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
It's written by the same two people, though, so I think we can expect something pretty amazing.

I mean, did you read the explanation of the backstory? Aeons ago, two gods fought one another. They both perished, and their corpses became the "world" in which the story takes place. You start out down at the foot of one of them, and at a point in the game you actually cross over on to the other god's corpse.

How cool of an idea is that?

:tinysmile::tinysmile: