RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Hey, guess who's back with more Eventing problems in VX?

Rep:
Level 81
RMRK Junior
Yeah, it's me. Again. I'm trying to get the player to automatically board an airship after an NPC and for the airship to automatically move to another place, land, and for the player and NPC to get off.

The NPC getting on works great, but it's the second part that I can't get to work. I tried using a common event combined with control switches on more event pages but that just froze the whole thing up and deleted the sprite of the NPC.

Insert something witty or profound here.

Rep:
Level 81
it's time to poke
I do have a few solutions in mind, but I need a few more screenshots to see exactly where the problem is.

Rep:
Level 81
RMRK Junior
I do have a few solutions in mind, but I need a few more screenshots to see exactly where the problem is.

Yeah, here you go...

Rep:
Level 81
it's time to poke
I don't really know if you need a common event for this sort of thing, to be honest... I have almost never used them.

Perhaps put all of it in the event processing for that event? I will be looking at this and I'll try to see what's up.

Rep:
Level 81
RMRK Junior
The first thing I tried was putting it in the event processing...it didn't work. All that happened was that the player moved down and then wouldn't move at all. He wouldn't get onto the airship.

Rep:
Level 81
it's time to poke
Maybe cut it out and send it to me in a demo? I'll see what I can do.

Rep:
Level 81
RMRK Junior
The event itself? All right.

Rep:
Level 81
RMRK Junior
Is it possible to upload it here?

Rep:
Level 81
it's time to poke
Wow, that's nice. And encrypted RGSS2 archive. I'll be able to do a lot with that! [/sarcasm]

Why did you encrypt it?

Rep:
Level 81
RMRK Junior
Gah, sorry, force of habit. Created an unencrypted one now...

Okay, this shouldn't be encrypted.

Rep:
Level 81
it's time to poke
Wow, there is a LOT of stuff missing from here.

-The common event command doesn't specify an event.
-There are no common events that do anything.

Are you sure you're looking for help or are you looking for a full-on tutorial?

Rep:
Level 81
RMRK Junior
If I wanted a tutorial, I'd google it...

I really am just looking for help :\ Okay, I'll look for a proper tutorial then...I don't really want to inconvenience people here. Didn't realize I was missing things >_<

Thanks anyway.

Rep:
Level 81
it's time to poke
Well, I fixed it, but I dunno how to upload it.

EDIT: Just found out how; here it is.

If you want to add anything after the airship travel, it's completely up to you.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 02:54:47 PM by Mikhail Faulken »

Rep:
Level 81
RMRK Junior
You fixed it? Wow. Well, click 'additional options' and you'll see the attachment uploader.

Rep:
Level 81
it's time to poke
Yeah, you didn't need a common event at all. All of it took four pages and some self-switching.

Rep:
Level 81
RMRK Junior
Thanks. I'll learn from this :)

Rep: +0/-0Level 80
RMRK Junior
herez my fix 2 pgs needs polishing though
Nobody is perfect, therefore i am Nobody

Spoiler for:
Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55% of plepoe can.
I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!
fi yuo cna raed tihs, palce it in yuor siantugre.

Click here to feed me a !
Get your own at Pokeplushies!