RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
The Marvelous Adventure of Micajah Quinn

Rep: +0/-0Level 80
RMRK Junior
Rpg Maker XP related

Here you go...
Spoiler for:
It has come to my attention that while working on a project, such as this, for only a short instance; I do not have the time nor the expertise to finish this project by myself, as I don’t wish to just find resources online to complete this game. This is acceptable, as I trust the internets to help me find a kind soul to assist me in my development.
My request is simple, any one with the proficiency I require will be returned with much credit and any help I can offer for any other projects you might have for me. I already have a few things covered which include music, sound effects, music effects, background sound, story, and dialogue. Any of these I have done, I will still allow to be criticized, and I will alter these to the best of my ability.
All of those, I can do by myself just fine. However, this is where you come in, anyone who is ready and willing to help me in my endeavor. I mean graphics, mapping, characters, events, and scripting or even general game play ideas. Anything would help, as long as you are lock, stock, and barrel proficient. Debuggers are also welcome, anyone who is willing to take the time to scrub every single corner of the game. Also, you need to be thoroughly dedicated to this project, and you have to put more effort than just a few characters or just a battle background that you found off the internet.
Still, I can tell you aren’t convinced. “Why would I help this random guy who is making a project, when I don’t know what the project is about?” Well, I’ll tell you what it is!
The title is The Marvelous Adventures of Micajah Quinn. The title can be shortened to just The Marvelous Adventures, or Micajah Quinn, which ever attracts more attention. Its theme is Steam Punk/Sci-fi, set in the early 1900’s, if electricity was never used as a resource. It doesn’t take itself too seriously, as it’s mainly comedic, very Earthbound-like. So far, I don’t have any unique game play features, but any ideas are welcome.
The story however, is very unique; I tend to stray far off from the generic path. The main protagonist is a man named Micajah Quinn (mi-KY-uh); he is a 30-something “Adventurer”, with a handlebar moustache, who travels around the world. He is usually the comic relief, and is featured in very odd and ridiculous situations. He has a handle bar mustache, BTW.
He has a brother who married a woman named Elizabeth, who had a son named Vapore. Vapore is fascinated by machines, and is very shy, but he joins his uncle in traveling around the world. Along the way, the two begin on a journey to find an analog computer that Vapore is enthralled by. While looking for the parts to it, they meet a young boy named Jack, who is much more outgoing, and generally amazing in everyway possible, which gets the attention of Micajah, who makes Vapore jealous. Continuing on, they meet sky pirates, hunters, hipsters, politicians, aristocrats and more.
That is about ¼ of the main story, but much more will be included in the actual game. I already have about 6 tracks ready for the game, and more are coming soon. Anyone who has continued this far and is thoroughly interested can PM me on one of the many website below. If you don’t have an account on any of those websites, you can reply on this post, and hopefully find another way to message me, as I am willing to make an account on just about any website for this, although it will be hard to keep track of it all. Keep in contact, and we can complete this project!

My account name for the following is; Woodman1985
RPG Revolution
RPG Palace
RMRK
Newgrounds
Minecraft Forum

My screen name for IGN is Woodman1994, though.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 09:45:29 AM by Woodman1985 »