RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[C++] X-Dodge

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween

Premise:
X-Dodge is a game I made for a class on game engine design.  We made an engine through the class, then (on Tuesday) were given a the assignment to make a simple game in a week.  This is my game.

Gameplay:
X-Dodge (or just Dodge) is a hybrid of Avalanche and Simon.
You use your mouse pointer to move the little dot around the circle, avoiding the Flying Killer X's of Doom, while trying to stay on the lit up areas of the track for maximum point gain.  The pointer must remain in the track or you'll suffer a fate worse than death, so trust me don't do it.

Instructions:
The game is packaged in an installation file (.msi), just run it to install
It installs to C:\[Program Folder]\Temperance Games\X-Dodge\
IF THE INSTALLATION FAILS, PLEASE CONTACT ME ON THE FORUMS OR VIA EMAIL AND TELL ME THE ERROR YOU GOT AS WELL AS YOUR OPERATING SYSTEM, YOUR DIRECT X VERSION, IF YOU HAVE .NET 3.5 OR ABOVE, AND IF YOU HAVE A WINSXS FOLDER UNDER C:\WINDOWS\

Download:
DOWNLOAD HERE

Screenshot:
Spoiler for:

Features:
  • Interesting hybrid gameplay
  • Lightly encrypted highscore system
  • Programmed from Scratch in approximately 15-17 hours.

Known Bugs:
  • slight graphical bug with one of the rotation patterns

To Do:
  • Replace the placeholder

If any bugs are found, or you have any other feedback send an email to Rockman922@hotmail.com
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 07:25:48 PM by NAMKCOR »

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Very nice game, even before the fact that you had made in in under 18 hours! The shifting bonus zones are cool. I only played a few minutes worth, but you could add some sort of special attack every 60/45 seconds that will temporarily stop the crosses but shoot out large blast. I don't know, just an idea to give it more variety.

I encountered no bugs, but might I suggest that you add something that says to press space bar on the start menu? "Place Mouse Here" suggests that placing the mouse there will start the game.

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
Mr. JackRex is right, I had no idea how to start the game till I read the readme.

Otherwise, it's a pretty cool game. I managed to get up the Speed 4 until I died. Bullet hell games are not my forte...

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Yeah the press space will be on the non-placeholder title/gameover that I need to make.
Uploading an updated version that makes it so that unless you're on a colored section, you don't gain points, as well as making the particle animations smoother.

edit: up.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 07:25:58 PM by NAMKCOR »

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
Is there any way to pause the game? I was on 3000 odd points and I wanted to check something out on the net and I realised that you couldn't pause it -.-

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
Is there any way to pause the game? I was on 3000 odd points and I wanted to check something out on the net and I realised that you couldn't pause it -.-

not yet, I haven't programmed it.

Rep:
Level 83
Sweet game, is this something that you will continue to work on or is it just to get the grade for the class?
Spoiler for:
METALFRESH is a paint contractor that specializes in refinishing metal and vinyl siding. We paint metal buildings as well as siding on homes.

We also

Refinish decks
    Do custom interior painting
    Strip wallpaper
    Refinish cedar siding
    Metal front doors and sidelights
    Metal garage and service doors
    Grained fiberglass doors

If your structure is *RUSTED *FADED *CHALKING *IN NEED OF COLOR CHANGE, we can fix it with a guarentee!

northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin.

http://metalfreshcoatings.com

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
Sweet game, is this something that you will continue to work on or is it just to get the grade for the class?

I'm going to finish it up and probably expand it, or fix up the algorithms to work better for game balance, but it's not going to be a super huge game project.