RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Modding DS to run off of disposable Batteries?

Rep:
Level 88
Unoriginal text here.
OK, so my DS battery is weak. It leaks power over time, and I'm going on a trip soon so I want my Pokemans with me.
Eventually I'll buy a new DS battery, but there will come a day when DS batteries are no longer attainable, and I may not be ready to stop playing with my Pokemans by then.

What do I need in order to mod my DS to run off of disposable batteries? How do I determine the size and voltage and watts of the battery to use, and how do I wire it to power my DS?

Sincerely,
Animefan

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
I couldn't tell you. But the honest truth is that DS batteries will be around for a while, either via a local retailer or by way of a phone or mail order through Nintendo directly. The DS is a product with a lot of sales power behind it, and as such, the day where DS batteries are no longer available is a long, long way away. Even today, you can buy replacements parts for the NES by some means or another.

Modding your DS in this way would be unwise.

Rep:
Level 83
Spoiler for:
METALFRESH is a paint contractor that specializes in refinishing metal and vinyl siding. We paint metal buildings as well as siding on homes.

We also

Refinish decks
    Do custom interior painting
    Strip wallpaper
    Refinish cedar siding
    Metal front doors and sidelights
    Metal garage and service doors
    Grained fiberglass doors

If your structure is *RUSTED *FADED *CHALKING *IN NEED OF COLOR CHANGE, we can fix it with a guarentee!

northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin.

http://metalfreshcoatings.com

Rep:
Level 88
Unoriginal text here.
Damn. Well, my best bet is to buy an official Nintendo battery. According to reviews, those third party ones aren't so great. Anyway, my trip is in two days which is why I wanted a temporary fix like this. I guess I'll just bring my iPod instead. I can get just as much enjoyment on a bus watching Gunslinger Girl reruns as I can K.O.ing Gym Leader parties with an Alakazam.

I think there is still something I could use help with though, although I doubt the responses will continue after this post. Does anybody know of any sites, other than the Nintendo store, that are licensed to sell Nintendo DS Lite batteries? I'd use the Nintendo store, but they only have credit cards or mail-in orders, the latter of which take 4-6 weeks to process, which is the worst waiting time I've ever heard for anything ever, and I'm too poor to use credit cards.

I mean, what kind of corporation the size of Mt. Rushmore doesn't have paypal as an option? It just makes no sense.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 06:17:53 AM by Animefan »

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
If your going to another state then just charge it at random rest stations.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&