RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Tileset (Chipset) Converter: 2000 to VX

Rep: +0/-0Level 85
Hi, I have a little problem with RMVX.
2 Months ago I started to work on my Project again.
Im allmost done with the Graphics (Sprites etc.) and the technical stuff.
I could start to work on the Story but I have a huge problem with the Tilesets (Chipsets) on my RM VX project.

My problem is that I use the RM 2000 to RM XP Converter (Download Link) that lets me convert RM 2000 Graphics (Charset. Chipset etc.) to RM XP.
At that time I didnt knew that the RM XP Tilesets differ from the RM VX.
I thought to myself "Cool, now you can use all the nice Chipsets from RM 2000 and convert them to your RM VX project with higher resolution."
Well, not anymore...

Standard RM VX (64 x 96 Pixel)

Standard RM 2000 (48 x 64 Pixel)

RM 2000 to RM XP Converter (96 x 128 Pixel)

As some of you know one field in the Tileset (Chipset) of RM 2000 is 16 x 16 pixel.
In RM XP & RM VX its 32 x 32 pixel.
Thats what actually made me use the RM 2000 to RM XP converter for the RM VX, because I thought RM XP & RM VX would use the same Tileset System.

But as you can see the Standard RM VX Tileset is too small to make use of the RM 2000 to RM XP Converter Tileset.
And here comes my question to all of you.
Does anyone know a way I can make use of the RM 2000 to RM XP Converter Tileset ?
Is there any Tool or Script or anything else that could help me out ?

I dont want to use any common RM VX Tilesets, because they wouldnt fit to the other Graphics (Sprites etc.), that I already made.

I hope some giftet scripters/prgrammers here can help me out.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 03:12:00 PM by HEast »
Its Dangerous To Have A Signature These Days.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
It's actually too small because it's built differently. No, the converter only makes shit bigger. Also, that does NOT mean higher resolution. In fact, converting anything to make it larger from its native size makes the resolution WORSE. (Aka, more pixelated) However, that doesn't really matter much considering if your game is supposed to look like a 32 bit game. This converter doesn't rearrange stuff and do crazy shit, it only increases the size. So if you want that autotile to fit in XP, you have to do it yourself - by hand - using photoshop or other. You'll notice that if you split the incorrect autotile into 32 px columns, that it is 3 columns wide and 4 rows tall. Remove the middle column and the 2nd row up from the bottom, then recombine and you'll have a VX autotile.

I would do some for you - however, you're terrible at uploading images and should have uploaded PNGs instead of JPGs. So I can't. JPGs fuck resolution. PNGs do not.

see.

It's actually too small because it's built differently. No, the converter only makes shit bigger. Also, that does NOT mean higher resolution. In fact, converting anything to make it larger from its native size makes the resolution WORSE. (Aka, more pixelated) However, that doesn't really matter much considering if your game is supposed to look like a 32 bit game. This converter doesn't rearrange stuff and do crazy shit, it only increases the size. So if you want that autotile to fit in XP, you have to do it yourself - by hand - using photoshop or other. You'll notice that if you split the incorrect autotile into 32 px columns, that it is 3 columns wide and 4 rows tall. Remove the middle column and the 2nd row up from the bottom, then recombine and you'll have a VX autotile.

I would do some for you - however, you're terrible at uploading images and should have uploaded PNGs instead of JPGs. So I can't. JPGs fuck resolution. PNGs do not.

see.
Ok, first of all, sorry for the JPG Fail.
I didnt knew this.

And 2nd thanks for your help.

This is a RM 2000 to RM XP Converter Chipset (96 x 128 Pixel):
(All are PNG's)
+ =

Could you please name the Numbers I have to remove or combine to make it VX compatible ?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 06:27:54 PM by HEast »

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009

Remove the red pieces. Then slide the 3rd column over to meet the 1st column, then slide the bottom row up to meet the 2nd row. Then crop the area and save.

To this:

(You should be able to use this one, it's a PNG)

Remove the red pieces. Then slide the 3rd column over to meet the 1st column, then slide the bottom row up to meet the 2nd row. Then crop the area and save.

To this:

(You should be able to use this one, it's a PNG)
Great, just great.
Thank you.
I'll try it out on my project now.
Hope it looks good so my project is saved :)
I'll let post a screenshot later on a sample map.

Thanks again.

Rep:
Level 27
RMRK Junior
Sorry for necroposting but I need help with converting 2000 tiles to vx ace! Or should I create new thread for that?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 12:25:44 PM by GamesCreator »

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
What do you need help with?
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 27
RMRK Junior
I need advice how to convert em so they are not animated on map? 'Cause I try to use them in VX Ace not just vx! Or should I create new thread for that?

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Yeah, it would probably be best to start a new thread. :)
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&