RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[vx] Need 5 town exteriors

Rep:
Level 82
Howdy there! I need 5 town exteriors done in the default VX RTP. I hope this is not asking too much. Maybe if 4 people each do a town and I do the last one, it will give each town its own flavor even if the RTP ingreedients are the same. You will get credit, and a sign saying you made the town or anything else you want :-)

- grassy farm village with a river dividing it
 - sandy town located in the middle of a desert
 - port town located on a giant river delta (like New Orleans)
 - forest village made of trees or in the trees
 - dusty town located in the middle of a wasteland where nothing grows

Each town should have
 - weaponry
 - armory
 - item shop
 - inn
 - pub
 - magic shop
 - church, temple or pagan gathering area

The map dimensions should be 40x40 up to 80x80. Avoid having giant buildings that are 10x10. The inhabitants are up to you, or you can leave it empty, but if you want to have a town full of elves, women, talking horses or anything else, its up to you.

Hopefully someone wants to participate :-) I eagerly await any response!

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
I might do this later lol. I have a lot of stuff to do today - like cleaning my entire apartment and packing to get ready to move out =o

Rep:
Level 82
I just helped a friend move last Saturday. My foot still has a giant bruise covering 50% of it from when a table leg broke and landed on me. Good thing it was made of marble or else the table may have broken over my foot.

Thanks for the help :-)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 08:52:48 PM by ShortStar »

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Here ya go.

They're conveniently labeled as FARM, SAND, PORT, FOREST, and DUSTY.

I guess anyone using RTP would have to use their imagination in a port town since the RTP has absolutely no tiles for a port town minus the rope and the crate of fish lol.

The forest town is my favorite. It's almost like a maze.

Also, the average map size is like 45x45.

Rep:
Level 82
Thank you very much Mr. Grafikal! You made life so much easier and put me to shame. Your maps look different and distinct from mine in good ways and that's what I needed :-) I kept on churning out towns that looked similar... but with different colors. Yours are wildly different from one another, again... in a good way! Especially the desert town with its thick walls :-) These are so nice :-) I'll stop gushing now and add them to my game. Thanks again!

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
No problem. It's been awhile since I could do any mapping. I'm finally out of school, lol.

Rep:
Level 82
If you've ever played my game Epiquest, it needs maps. I've made a frozen continent with a pair of towns, a castle, a volcano, a mine and an ice tunnel. Now I'm working on the non frozen continent to balance things out, because there's a lot of white on a frozen continent and it just looks very off...

Rep: +0/-0Level 80
I can help with that.

Rep:
Level 82
Can you still help with that? I just found the unread replies link for the first time in a while, so sorry if this message is a bit late.