RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[XP] Entropy

Rep: +0/-0Level 81
Entropy

Prologue
Spoiler for:
Where does life come from? The sun and earth, we are told. Wherefrom came the sun and earth? The creators have placed them there.
Why is there death and chaos? From the seams of the universe where uncertainty exists, came the Ancients which sought to control the world. These are the truths reasoned by great philosophers at the dawn of civilization.

One such legend tells us of a kingdom trying to harness the power of the sun and control the world. Aximander, the ruler of this kingdom, begun years of bloodshed in the long war to crush the opposing regions. In his greed he had made sacrifices of his people and of those close to him, to reach this dream. And in his want of power Aximander grew paranoid and insane. At the height of this frenzy, Aximander began executing his close subjects and even his son, Carpus, fearing they would betray him.

However, his efforts paid off, and eventually the kingdom spread throughout the world, becoming an empire, heralding an age of technology and unlimited power.

Then one day, the world was thrown into chaos as the dead rose and tore the cities down. This army of the dead was lead by none other than the emperor's son, and accompanied by those that fell with him during the war.

When the empire had been crushed into the earth, the the undead army fell where they stood with it, and life began anew.

Everyone thought of this tale as a fantastic story, symbolic of the folly of reaching to high to the heavens, of betrayal and of revenge. This was so, until, history began to repeat.

Features
Spoiler for:
  • Blizzard ABS
  • Detailed Sprites
  • Detailed Cutscenes
  • 15-30 Mins of Gameplay (It's a preview)

Screenshots
Title:
Spoiler for:
Scenes:
Spoiler for:
Spoiler for:
Game:
Spoiler for:
Spoiler for:
Spoiler for:
Spoiler for:

Download
http://www.sendspace.com/file/t5l5nm

Credits
Comprehensive list in the Readme in the download. :)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 03:30:38 PM by modern algebra »

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
Not bad at all. But I don't really get the 15 - 30 minutes of gameplay thing. Is that just for the demo, or for the whole thing?

Though I'm guessing it's just for the demo, since it's already taken about 10 minutes of my time. Pretty good use of panorama's, decent mapping skills, it's pretty good.

Rep:
Level 85
Winter is here.
I'm not too thrilled with the mapping. It's too bland for my tastes. I would work on those since it's really the only thing holding this game back as of now.

Good luck and peace out.
Eddard Stark art by Teiiku

Rep: +0/-0Level 81
The maps I tried to make a bit like Secret of Mana series, with the screens changing every so often, to not make maps too large. I tried not to make them too crowded, its not my style and I think it's better to give room for fighting.
Thanks all for downloading and feedback so far.