RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
My Senior Show

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
is in 3 hours. this is my topic to show you guys all my hard work for the past semester. this year's show is fucking crazy. expect awesome.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Congratulations! Can't wait to see your stuff! ;8

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\

In-store Wall Display, 3 skateboards, 1 snowboard, In-store poster, Stationary package (letterhead, business card, envelope), Catalog spread (mounted), Full catalog (displayed laying down by computer screen and shirts), a medley of screen printed t-shirts, and an interactive website full live which include all product pages, 2 extensively edited videos, google maps plugins, etc.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 02:35:16 AM by grafikal »

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Hah, wow! The Air Dog designs look really fantastic, and the photography is stunning.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
This is fucking awesome. Great work, mang.

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
That's so awesome! You have the skills and talent to start your own business! Go get a sponsor, haha.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
haha, thanks guys. I'm just happy my snowboard didn't fall. It's only hanging by some 25lb fishing line and the first few tries had failed.

Upsetting at some points were that all the lights and my computer would randomly burn out. All of my shit had like 8 spot lights and the computer to power plus then the spot lights of some near-by people and some of the caterer's stuff. All of those plugged into like 2 power strips that were then plugged into a single outlet then strung to another outlet. That very first outlet also had a vending machine plugged in it as well. After the first 2 times my (and a few other peoples') power burnt out, we realized that the problem was the vending machine plugged in the wall. Every time the machine's compressor switched on to cool the products, it would suck a hardcore amount of power in an instant sapping all the useable power from our displays. It was pissing me off the first time since it was totally unexpected and I was freaking out since the doors were about to open like 5 minutes from that moment, but then it did it again in the middle of the show with hundreds of people on that floor. I laughed it off though and just told people to expect pyrotechnics at any moment.

Overall the show was a huge success. Most all the graphic designers had made some crazy things this year. My friend Zack had a company that was all punk based apparel named Buzzbomb. He basically made the store. His entire display was the longest of all of ours. Him and I had the most things in our projects, mine was contained in a sweet area by the caterers. His was stretched along the wall. He had some pedistals that he screwed some pipes into and hung all his 45 t-shirts on and 20 pairs of shorts. He made custom recyclable bags (like the kind you can get at grocery stores now) that you get when you buy anything off him. He gives you a bag, throws in a custom pack of matches, a clothes patch, a small pack of button pins that contain 2 pins featuring his project and a self promo logo pin neatly wrapped, then anything you bought goes in there so you have something to carry it in. He also sold about 20 cassette tapes of some new shit from his band. He's in a fucking badass punk band and the cassettes are 45 minutes long on each side. I didn't get one only because I don't own a cassette player :( . He also was selling posters. He literally screen printed everything. He had 4 different shirt designs. I bought 2 shirts and a poster off him. His shit was my favorite this year. He made a killing off the people too. It was awesome though, since all the students had to be there an hour early to set up and make sure shit was cool. So before the doors even opened, he sold half the product at his show via the other students. He just wrote SOLD on the custom tags to keep track but kept the shirt and things there at the show until afterwards so that it looked presentable. Of course he was taking things down when people at the show wanted to buy something.

I'll up some other photos of some of the other students' stuff. My camera was mad retarded tonight and decided to not auto focus 80% of the time so the photos will suck but you'll get the point.

Also, they had food on each floor (4 floors). We got kind of gipped since we had nothing but veggie platters. The first floor had the most fucking epic cheese cake I've ever had and I could (at this point) consider myself a 'cheese cake connoisseur", haha. Second floor had cheese platters, hummus and pita bread. Third floor was my floor with the veggies. The Fourth floor blasted your face off with meat ball sub smell as soon as you walked in. I heard the subs were fucking delicious but I didn't eat any. I had too much cheese cake :| . Our Fifth floor was closed overall. We have a "ground floor" which is still basically our first floor, but the "ground floor" is basically a giant open area called the Atrium which is in the front doors and to the left of the building, but the main attraction is that the rest of our first floor is a decent gallery space which displayed 1 of every senior's favorite/best work. That's the senior gallery show which is going to be up for a few weeks, the senior show and celebration which was tonight was only for 3 hours. 1 semester's worth of hard fucking work for 3 hours, but it was cool since I got a few job offers.

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
Overall the show was a huge success. Most all the graphic designers had made some crazy things this year. My friend Zack had a company that was all punk based apparel named Buzzbomb. He basically made the store. His entire display was the longest of all of ours. Him and I had the most things in our projects, mine was contained in a sweet area by the caterers. His was stretched along the wall. He had some pedistals that he screwed some pipes into and hung all his 45 t-shirts on and 20 pairs of shorts. He made custom recyclable bags (like the kind you can get at grocery stores now) that you get when you buy anything off him. He gives you a bag, throws in a custom pack of matches, a clothes patch, a small pack of button pins that contain 2 pins featuring his project and a self promo logo pin neatly wrapped, then anything you bought goes in there so you have something to carry it in. He also sold about 20 cassette tapes of some new shit from his band. He's in a fucking badass punk band and the cassettes are 45 minutes long on each side. I didn't get one only because I don't own a cassette player :( . He also was selling posters. He literally screen printed everything. He had 4 different shirt designs. I bought 2 shirts and a poster off him. His shit was my favorite this year. He made a killing off the people too. It was awesome though, since all the students had to be there an hour early to set up and make sure shit was cool. So before the doors even opened, he sold half the product at his show via the other students. He just wrote SOLD on the custom tags to keep track but kept the shirt and things there at the show until afterwards so that it looked presentable. Of course he was taking things down when people at the show wanted to buy something.
Dude! I thought you knew about my punk passion! Hit me up with a link! Oh, and post pics. :D

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
I'll see if I have any decent photos lol. My camera was mad retarded and not focusing at all. haha

edit: here

half inventory of shirts and a few shorts + the cassette tapes. (He made all the inserts and the box the tape were in as well here.

this is zack (the back of him), his custom bag is to the left there with his company's logo all over it. There's also the custom matches he made laying there and a single bag of those pins I talked about. 2 buzzbomb pins and 1 self promo pin (of his actual personal logo).

better close up of the bag and pins and matches and his sunglasses just hangin out there

here we are again, showing the length of his project. From closest to the camera all the way down to that green pole was his. Shows the shirts on his custom rack, cassettes, his skateboard he mounted on a pedestal there, his bag and pins and matches in the middle, then his 3 mounted boards with his poster, catalog spreads, and medley of company images, below that is a shelf with his catalog and a DIY guide to screenprinting for punks amongst other things, then the other pedestal just before the green pole has a custom box and tape that you receive your stuff in (if this company were real), also there's a 40 koozie too. He brought a 40 just for the show lol.

Here are his poster, medley of company images and catalog spreads

I bought that poster. (He screen printed 20 of them). I also bought the two shirts in the middle of those 4 images. The black one with the white logos, and the white one that is a copy of his poster, but black and white and hot pink accents. tits.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 06:18:33 PM by grafikal »