RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Project ideas....opinions wanted (Be gentle) lol

Rep:
Level 81
Why can't life kiss my ass instead of bite it??
    hey guys and gals I have had two projects in my head for a long time and have begun building one of them for awhile now.
    Seeing as you guys speak your mind a lot and dont really hold back lol iv decided to enter the firing line and see what you guys think  ;D

Spoiler for:
Corruption
"All my life i'v wanted to be a hunter......
A chance to leave this city and explore new worlds, experience new life styles, see unforseen sights!!!......now that I am one i'm not sure I want it anymore.......
Its funny how your dreams are nothing like how you imagined it to be.
You tell yourself you understand not every part of the world is beautiful and that you will see horror sooner or later.......I was naive.........all I see is darkness......
My name is Alex....I'm the last survivor of my squad.....#sigh#....I should never have left the city gates.
My only hope now is to find the shard..........before it finds me...."

Characters so far

Alex: (working name)
Occupation: Driver who later joins the cities military because he feels its the only way to see the world.
Class: Hero

Alex is a laid back guy who would love to see the world and gain new experiences and so, he became a driver making pick ups and deliveries. Though after the incident with the jewel he decides its not safe anymore and so changes his job to work as a city guard instead. Later he learns of a group called the "Hunters" who dedicate their life into finding the missing shards and piecing it back together in a vain attempt at restoring the worlds natural ballance. Seeing this as his chance to see the world again he tries to prove himself as a Hunter and help find the shards, not realising the dangers that lay ahead.

Name: ???? (not sure yet)
class: Villain

After claiming your first shard you two become partners. He hates the fact he has been paired up with someone much younger and inexperienced as him and feels you will only be a burden and so during hunts he finds ways of ditching you or using you as bait so he may claim the prize for himself so the rest of the hunters would praise him instead of you. After a few more shards are claimed he gets fraustrated with you and tries his best in the next fight in getting you killed. When that fails he see's no choice but to sneak into the hunters cargo bay and attempt to claim whatever power he can from the main jewel so he can kill you personally. He gets his wish only it turns him into an abomination. Only the power of the shards can destroy him but be quick!! because it seems the jewels are having a nasty effect on you as well.

The basic idea

The story takes place in the middle of a digging site. Two men are exchanging details while a 3rd is insuring them the Jewel will be delivered safely on time. A group of workers begin pulling out a large dark blue jewel from out the ground and manage to lift it onto a wagon. The three men sign the contract and seal the deal as the wagon begins to ride off. At the same time a group of thugs are watching up on the mountain path. The thugs ride down the mountain and begin chasing the wagon. The driver (hero), not able to loose them or stop them, is eventually boxed in. He tries to push one off the edge of the path but looses control and the wagon topples over knocking the jewel off the wagon and down the side of the mountain into a forrest. The thugs are extremely angry and threaten to kill the driver for losing the jewel. Miniutes later a large beam of energy shoots up the side of the mountain into the sky turning it black and blotting out the sun creating a dim blue light across the world. They watch in awe as the beam vanishes, and as they slowly approach the edge a loud pulse is heard from the forrest like a plasma beam, cutting surrounding trees down and slicing through the mountain causing a land slide. You (the driver) awake amoungst a load of rubble. You look around and see the thugs slaughtered, gutted, mutilated around you. No way could the fall have done this. As you rise up to your feet you see a trail of blood leading deeper into the woods. Being wise you decide to head in the opposite direction only to soon find yourself staring at the beast gnawing and tearing at one of the thugs, you look closer and see it is a bear.
A sharp cold breeze rushes down your spine as the beast looks up at you, it drops its prey, face thick with blood, deep weezing noise everytime it breaths, anger in its eyes, this bear doesnt seem to care about its meals at all!! how can it still be hungry?? You go to run until you notice a large blue shard impaled in the beasts stomach.
You have no time to think as the bear lunges towards you, claws yerning to rip you apart. You run out of sheer panic!! You run the fastest you have ever ran, so much so for a split second you are actually impressed with how fast you are going until you fall off a chalk pit.
Shortly after a roar is heard as a huge shadow flys over your head. It lands and pounces at you with no rest and as you dart out of the way its teeth bite through the mound of chalk like butter.
You run. You run and you run not daring to look behind you until a deer jumps straight infront of you and it was at that moment of distraction that you trip over stumberling through the trees off a small cliff, and as you fall you see the shadow rush past followed by the cries of what you gather to be the deer.

This is the introduction  ;) there is more but I wanna say a little about gameplay ideas now lol
First I will explain the shards. Each one has given what ever it comes into contact with Life and contains within it a pure essence of evil derived of one of the 7 deadly sins.
  • The 1st shard within the bear is the shard of gluttony. Causing the beast to always feel starving no matter how much it eats. Slowly mutating it slightly so its capable of eating anything without destroying its teeth and gut. This creature leaves next to nothing left causing any surviving animals to starve. If you enter a dieing forrest with thin boney animals around you then be on your guard because you may just be the next meal.
  • the 2nd lands in a nearby stream mutating and merging all the mites and bacteria in there together creating some sort of blob which has the power to take the form of what ever its prey desires (The shard of lust) I know lust is more sexual but i wanted to take a new look at it and see if lust can be towards other desires not just towards women??
  • The 3rd is greed. It Misses everything and lands on the floor only to then be picked up by a little magpie and taken away back to its nest where it is slowly mutated. growing in size and bravely attacking everything that is close to its nest. It will fiercely protect its collection and if it sees something it wants the magpie will stop at nothing until he gets it.
  • 4th is Anger. The very moment of impact before hitting the rock fired a shard off through a field and into a bull mutating it greatly. giving it an impregnable carapace and horrific horns. The shard causes the bull to be in a never ending state of red mist or seeing red leaving a destructive path where ever it goes. This beast never rests and never stops, you must always be on guard.
  • 5th is sloth. A shard shoots into a tree eventually changing its whole system. no longer seeking minerals from the earths soil it produces a constant pollen that lulls any living creature passing by to a deep sleep. Once the victem is alseep its roots very slowly begin to wrap around it secreating an acid to slowly digest its prey while it sleeps. Fortunatly the tree cannot move anywhere so it relies on anything wandering by so it may feast on their liquified flesh. If you are in the forrest and suddenly feel very tired, head back in the oppasite direction before its too late!!
  • 6th is Pride. A couple is enjoying a picnic when the meteor hits sending a shard into the woman mutating and corrupting her mind rather than her appearance giving her a strange aura. She is extremely confidant, determined and competative. She holds pride in no one but herself. In her eyes no one is better than her or even worthy to look at her. She feels no guilt, no remorse and never helps those in danger. The only thing she feels she can relate to are Lions only these lions seem to be brought on by her own imagination reflecting her soul. Black and cold.
    The shard seems to help her be the best at everything and if ever she loses she will punish you in ways you couldnt imagin. She is less of a threat compared to the other sins but if you see her, walk the other way because its her enviouse friend you would have to worry about.
  • Finally the 7th which is envy. A shard that fired into the male at the picnic. Again mutating his mind more than anything causing him to be enviouse of everyone. After the impact calmed down he was soon dumped by his girlfriend and he has never let it go and thus, he follows her where ever she goes. If anyone he believes to have looked at her with lust in their eyes he will personally kill you. If you know anything or have anything that grabs his attention he will be envious towards you and will stop at nothing to obtain it. Be extremely careful with this guy, he is very volatile and can be easerly upset
Each shard when obtained gives you a power. Some will transform you into an eating machine capable of eating through almost anything, or into a blob capable of changing into almost anything and moving through small cracks. Others give you abilities....which im still kinda thinking about lol

I played an old megadrive game called 'out of this world' and I liked how at the very start you had to act fast or you would die, and so I wanted to use an element of that throughout the game. Like the bit with the bear for instance when you enter the map after you hear the thoughts in your head the bear turns and rushes towards you taking the player off guard if they are not careful. they must act quickly and make quick choices whether to dodge or jump during the chase.
Don't worry it calms down soon after lol I dont want the players having a heart attack  :lol:
Other elements of gameplay are buttons to run, jump, crawl, different fight sequence, using bows, spears, crossbows for puzzles and also having your luck tested every now and again.

When crawling the game will go into a dungeon view. Here is an example
http://games.holyfile.com/upload/screenshot2427-0.gif
only with better graphics lol
You would use crawl only to crawl through small holes and crevices.
The fight sequences are side view like the old final fantasy games or in rpgmaker 2003...not that different but better than the normal sequence you get with RMXP.
Using a targeting system with firing or throwing weapons you can target objects hard to reach, flick switches, cut rope etc and kill specific enemies within a puzzle.
Your luck will also be tested in areas to see if you trigger a trap or fail to escape a collapsing bridge etc which will either kill you or send you down a different path.

You discover that within the darkness is a plant or beast or something which is capable of deflecting it causing a bubble of light to appear around it.......kinda like in metroid prime 2.
After you fall off the cliff you awake in an inn and are told you are lucky one of the towns people saw you heaped amongst the bushes outside of town. Years later you are one of their knights only due to lack of focus and day dreaming all the time you are forced to do basic training again (Games tutorial)
You learn about the Hunters and how they fight to piece the crystals together to end the chaos and you decide you want to help them by becoming a hunter yourself only you learn its not as simple as that. You must either undergo heavy training or claim a shard to join them, and so, brave and stupid you head out into the darkness to find your first shard.

As the shards are brought together I thought maybe that could lead to a sequal?? kinda like in Diablo where the hero becomes the villain.....with all that evil energy he is carrying I doubt the hero would be able to withstand all 7 shards. If one shard can mutate and corrupt somethin it touches after a long period of time think what would happen if 7 shards were carried around with one guy would do lol

Thats pretty much it for this project so far. Please tell me what you think?? Thanks for reading.
I know its a lot and I was only going to put a small chunk down but then a remembered someone say to me once if you want peoples opinion you may as well put it all down.  ;D

Now for idea number 2  ;)
Spoiler for:
Worlds apart
Long ago in a land much like our own, the world waged war apon itself brought on by the Demon lord Colin. His destructive hand reached across the mountains far in the undergrowth claiming everything who stood in his way until a savior was born!!
A shy little bogling named Pubert. Colin, in his own self pride saw no threat in little Pubert and easerly underestamated his abilities.
Pubert united all 15 races and together brought an end to Colins rule.
Now.....centuries ahead....it seems a new evil has come to claim the world for its own.
A life time of slumber broken!!.........
The Gingers are coming!!!

Right as you may have guessed this is a silly game  :lol: I found it funny how majority of the people would panic if gingers begun taking over so being a ginger myself I decided to make that happen!! lol
Three Ancient blobs of pure gingerness are awoken deep in the earth. spreading their ginger spores or hairs where ever they go turning everything they touch, trees, rocks, buildings, people everything!! ginger.
The only thing capable of walking through the ginger wastland is a natural born red head.
This game is focused souly around choice. At the start you get to choose from three races, Human, Dwarf and dark elf and as you complete them you begin to unlock the other 12.
With every choice you make decides whether you are good or bad and also decides what class you are whether it be a sorcerer, knight, barbarian etc
depending on what your stats are like will decide the journey you will take as well so if you had a high strength but low agility then when walking across weak bridges you would fall through them but if it was the other way round the you could walk across it easerly.
In the game the blobs each find a host body to dwell inside and if you make the exact choices, there is a rare chance that you yourself will become that host and play to rule the world.
whether you demon or undead or any race that would symbolise evil you still have a chance to be good and redeem yourself.
Even the evil races want this abomination gone because if they cant have the world then neither can these creatures!!
each race has a chosen one which you can either kill or join together to fight this evil just as Pubert did against the evil Colin.
The races are Human, dwarves, wood elves, Dark elves, Kobolds, Boglings, Drakhans (dragon people), undead, Lycans, Atlantians, Angels, Deamons, Nord, Driders and Orc/Goblins

This is the game that is underway only its obviously gunna take me a life time to make by myself lol within are many puzzles, freedom of choice and many mini games. One of which is to stop the townsfolk from entering the church to prey because one of the blobs is inside. You can either choose the club (good choice) or the sword (bad choice) to stop them entering by knocking them out or killing them as they approach. if 10 or so manage to walk past you have failed

Please be honest and thank you for reading!!!  ^_^[/list]
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 09:43:10 PM by redhead87 »

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
Um, I dunno... the pitch really didn't hold my interest. Maybe you could refine the plot?
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
SOUNDS COOL
oh shoot, caps well all the same, i like what you've done with the seven deadly sins.

Altough I don't exactly like that theres a giant meteor thing with crystals...sounds to cliched methinks XD

Do tell me though, why is the main character fighting anyways, rather, whats the driving force? If he tries to run away, why doesnt he find someplace nice and isolated where he can't be hurt XD

Rep:
Level 81
iv added a bit more to idea 1 near the bottom. hopefully that should give you an idea of why he fights.
Mostly cus he is tired of guard duty and see's the hunters as saviours. fighting to bring an end to this chaos and he wants to help only he didnt realise what he was getting himself into. also yeah the meteor kinda sucks lol

Hey... my name's... Sashikinaroji...
Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
The only idea I can think of for why the crystal would bring destruction unto the world are cliche, such as:

The crystal was just a legend from years ago. No one knows if it was true or not. A Villian tries to steal the power, but is corrupted by it. The power of the crystal being reactivated causes the schism into 7 pieces.

However, this would mean that your shepard would have to be nearby for him to know this (and probably not a shepard), either that, or the villian would need to be encountered later (perhaps with the shard of greed lodged in his skull) so that we could get the reason behind why the shard was shattered
Ok, DON'T EXPECT HELP FROM ME~! I will perhaps rant a bit, but don't expect me to do graphics for you, even if I say I will... I won't.

Rep:
Level 81
............that we could get the reason behind why the shard was shattered

hmmm.....I tried to steer away from the trap of havin man corrupted by the greed shard. I understand what you mean though....

In which case then going with the whole crystal being ancient and being rediscovered years later. maybe a group of archaeologists have located and unearthed this legendary rock the size of a car and lift it onto the back of a truck. As the truck takes it away a gang of thugs chase after it so they can sell it on the black market. an accident happens causing the truck to topple over. The rock falls off hitting the ground causing it to start glowing. The thugs are hesitant but then try to steal it. Those who touch it are electrified and a huge beam shoots into the sky darkening the world. suddenly everything stops for a few seconds and then it explodes sending shards flying.

Could that work? i'll admit its better than the meteor already lol obviously the hero would be perhaps the driver? or someone nearby.???
-------------------

OMG!!! Iv forgot Sloth!!! how did I miss that? lol.....guess anger and wrath are the same then.
RIGHT I have now edited the meteor out and changed the beginning. Have also added two character bios and changed the wrath shard into the sloth shard.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 09:40:02 PM by redhead87 »

Rep:
Level 90
I must say that I enjoyed reading the shards one. Also "Out of this World" is one of my favorite games... ever. :D

Anyways, it does seem a bit disorientating, i mean the way it was written here. As a bit of advice, it is always good to do some research. Being able to tie this into the past or mythology perhaps.

Like if this was Atlantian, the crystal/jewel could break over the corruptness of a human's touch (one of that with a tainted heart.) Just as the Atlantians had became corrupt (so called) and destroyed their civilization.

With the Treasure broken, and as long as it remains broken could lead to a devastating end to the continent it is on or the world. The man that initially caused it to break perhaps, cannot be affected by it, but he might have gained all of the power from it. The main hero is affected by the shards. If he is able to bring it back together, then nothing can be cursed by it.

Just throwing some ideas out there! :) 

Rep:
Level 81
the idea of it breaking just cus man touched it is kinda cool.
Maybe the reason why each shard contains one of the 7 sins is because it absorbed them from man smashing it into 7 pieces.....or 8 if you count whats left of the main crystal.  :-\
I'm starting to really like this project lol
You should have read the very first initial idea......so many holes in it and didnt make any sense lol
I think there was even a time where it went into the future!!  :-[ glad thats been cut out :D