RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
VGS Archive Discussion

Rep:
Level 89
VGS Archive Discussion

Alright so I thought I would post a topic in regards to a site I am currently working on, VGS Archive (Video Game Software Archive). I will tell you what I plan on doing with the site, ideas for paid subscriptions, and the overall purpose of the site.

What I have Done Different

This time I paid for a few add-ons for my host; something I have never done because I never needed it. Such things like: directory listing (listed in my hosts directory), search engine submission (yahoo, google, and bing), and few other add-ons I can't remember. I also gave VGS Archive (VGSA) it's own hosting instead of adding it to my personal hosting. I also plan on getting a Twitter account, facebook, and youtube account for this site as well (which means later I will buy advertising on facebook). So in short I am taking this site far more series then any site I have done before. I also plan on registering a DBA (doing business as) so I can do business under this name.

What Will VGS Archive Be

VGSA will be a place where hobbyist and professionals can read reviews of Video Game Software; from game makers like Game Maker 8 to such things as Havok AI. VGSA will NOT GIVE SUPPORT for any software or programming language as this is not what we are meant to be and well I have no clue how to use Havok AI. We will have a Tutorial section where members can submit Tutorials on how to do things but that's as SUPPORT as we plan on getting.

Members & VIP Members

It will not cost any money to become either of these. The catch here is is that a VIP Member is a person who is developing a VGS and the restrictions are the same as a member when it comes to uploading files, downloading, blogs, etc.

Silver Member & Silver VIP Member

This is where VGSA will benefit both members and vip members. These are Subscription accounts (paid) and benefits are (to list a few)...

BENEFITS

1) Ability to View many sections of the forum if it is offline.
2) Unlimited upload and downloads with no limitations.
3) Posting rights in same areas.
4) Flood Control Disabled.
5) Able to post in the Classified section for free (used for posting open jobs; paid or free).
6) Private Blog creation.
7) Linked Blog creation.
8} Able to use the Private Bug Tracker System (for your scripts or software; NOT a FORUM).
9) Able to use the Video System (i.e. upload your trailers and sample videos of products)
10) Use our page system (to create your own mini site).
11) More to come...

*Note: Silver Members don't have to be a software or script developer. You can use it for your games as well!

THIS IS A DISCUSSION NOT AN ADVERTISING TOPIC SO FEEL FREE TO DISCUSS YOUR CONCERNS, ISSUES, OR IDEAS!!!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 05:39:46 AM by Mad Klown »

Rep:
Level 89
UPDATE

Construction began on the site today; screen shot below:

The site will use CSS and HTML when it is launched with a single flash file. Eventually the site will be converted to PHP and be integrated with the forum.

Rep: +0/-0Level 83
Woah... :O
Express Game Maker looks like RPG Maker XP.