RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
RAID0 Re-installation Halp

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
My friend has Windows 7. He has some error saying some files are missing, and he has this Korean version. Do you know of any way of fixing the missing files? I'm guessing getting the same file that changed his OS and using its "Repair" function would help... Any other ideas? P:

Also, semi-related: How do you copy an .iso to a CD to make it bootable/playable? I tried it with a Windows XP with Nero or something like that, but it didn't work. Can the CD be CD-ROM or does it have to be CD-R?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 10:27:05 PM by AlmightyPatapon »

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
What's missing? NTLDR and/or boot.ini? I accidentally deleted those (had no idea they were on a partition I don't use) a month ago and had to copy them from the XP CD to the hard drive using the recovery console.

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
Tell him to buy a Mac.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Hmmm, I'll ask him exactly what's missing tomorrow. Also, we're just high-schoolers. We don't have the luxury of buying whatever we want. ;9

Also, my CD drive is messed up. So, I ejected the D: drive and then put a blank CD in. I read ImgBurn (a program) and it said "Medium is being prepared" or something like that. And then it said there was nothing there. :mad: wtf. I'm trying another drive and it's been trying to "Get Disc Information" for a while now.

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Why would he install "this Korean version"?

Shouldn't he just get an English version? Digital Hive has plenty of Win7 releases and patches to bypass activation.

Though really I just still use and recommend XP for now.
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
Tell him to buy a Mac.
Windows 7 runs perfectly on my Mac. :)

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
Tell him to buy a Mac.
Windows 7 runs perfectly on my Mac. :)
Which is convenient, seeing as how your Mac's usefulness seems limited to a single program.

Either way, OS X runs perfectly fine on custom built computers that use the x86 architecture (which is pretty much everything!). If I remember correctly though, it only runs perfectly if you use the same hardware as what is available in an iMac. This is very easy to sort out, of course, and you're going to save lots of money.

And run Windows 7 and OS X perfectly. :)

Edit: Mind you, this Hackintosh won't be nearly as useful as a fashion accessory as your average iMac/MacBook.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 02:52:55 PM by chewey »

Rep:
Level 96
Your argument: Use Windows, because it has all those programs except two or three, one of which happens to be the program you do 90% of your audio work on. But who needs that one program you do most of your work on, right? I know it's not a good program because it's Mac only, despite never using it, and despite all these people using it, too.

My argument: Use Mac, because it HAS the program I do 90% of my work on, and also runs every other program I need to use. I can even run Windows if I need to. But I don't. Because Mac already runs everything I need. The way I see it, I'm just using my Mac to run an Xbox emulator.

Now stop derailing the thread.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 03:22:33 PM by arlen »

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
No Mac suggestions. :mad: Also, it seems like it's a problem with his RAID-0. I tried booting from a Windows 7 Repair Disc, but it wouldn't boot; the same result as booting from the HD would come up - a blank screen.

Also, when booting, his monitor displays that RAID-0 won't boot, and its "Status" is "FAILED."

I've been reading, and it seems like even deleting and recreating the RAID-0 thang will require a HD wipe.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Is it software raid? Or does he have a chipset with an ICH10R for example, and he configures the RAID via the bios?
bringing sexy back

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
Your argument: Use Windows, because it has all those programs except two or three, one of which happens to be the program you do 90% of your audio work on. But who needs that one program you do most of your work on, right? I know it's not a good program because it's Mac only, despite never using it, and despite all these people using it, too.

My argument: Use Mac, because it HAS the program I do 90% of my work on, and also runs every other program I need to use. I can even run Windows if I need to. But I don't. Because Mac already runs everything I need. The way I see it, I'm just using my Mac to run an Xbox emulator.

I never said it was a bad program. I'm just positive there are alternatives you could use :)

So yes, use Windows. Save lots of money.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
I dislike how you are constantly trying to convert everyone to Windows 7. You're seriously just as bad as a macfag, except for Windows.

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
I dislike how you are constantly trying to convert everyone to Windows 7. You're seriously just as bad as a macfag, except for Windows.
I dislike how people waste money on Macs.

Rep:
Level 96

I never said it was a bad program. I'm just positive there are alternatives you could use :)

So yes, use Windows. Save lots of money.
Well, you're wrong. There is no better alternative that comes standard with the effects, instruments, and capabilities that Logic does, and no better program that seamlessly integrates effects and instruments from other 3rd party designers. It's not even all about a better alternative, it's about what I said earlier: Windows, fewer options. Mac, all options. If you knew anything about the creative process at all you'd probably understand.

Just like there's no better alternative to Final Cut Pro. What, you want me to use Premier? I can do half the work in twice the time! Wonderful!

Go fuck yourself, GatesFag.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 03:07:48 PM by arlen »

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Is it software raid? Or does he have a chipset with an ICH10R for example, and he configures the RAID via the bios?
Uhhhhhhhh.....? That kinda went over my head, and I don't know exactly how he did things; it may have just come like that with his computer? Any way to figure those things out? P:

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Whether someone is wasting money on something is up to them. Something's "value" is determined by how much someone is willing to pay. If someone is willing to pay for a Mac, it's worth it to them and they aren't wasting money. You're basically trying to tell people their preferences are wrong and that they need to get something you like instead -- something that is worth buying to you. Sorry to tell you, but that's not how things work. You buy what you want to buy, and everyone else will buy what they want to buy. Arlen shouldn't have to try to justify his purchase of a product simply because that product isn't worth it to you. The sooner people get over their immature fanboyism, the better. I'm tired of hearing people like you bitch about what products people should and shouldn't buy. It's not your call.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Whether someone is wasting money on something is up to them. Something's "value" is determined by how much someone is willing to pay. If someone is willing to pay for a Mac, it's worth it to them and they aren't wasting money. You're basically trying to tell people their preferences are wrong and that they need to get something you like instead -- something that is worth buying to you. Sorry to tell you, but that's not how things work. You buy what you want to buy, and everyone else will buy what they want to buy. Arlen shouldn't have to try to justify his purchase of a product simply because that product isn't worth it to you. The sooner people get over their immature fanboyism, the better. I'm tired of hearing people like you bitch about what products people should and shouldn't buy. It's not your call.

This reminds me of one of my favorite quotes:

"The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Okay, topic change. The problem, I've figured is a problem with the RAID0. Does anyone have a legit link for me to follow on how to re-install the RAID0? Data loss is not an issue anymore, and having the computer working is better than not working with the data.

Rep:
Level 102
Unlink the drives? If you don't care about data loss, then just use them as 2 seperate drives again. Your questions make me wonder if you really know what RAID 0 is.
bringing sexy back

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
It's not really even my computer; it's someone else's. But I've got the gist of RAID. It separates the drives for whatever purposes. Security, efficiency, idk. P: I have nearly no background knowledge about it so I don't know how anything works.

Rep:
Level 102
RAID 0 stripes data across disks. This essentially lets you get the throughput of both disks combined, minus a little overhead. It's great for faster transfer rates, but as data is striped across both (or all, if you use more than 2) disks, each and every one is required.

If you had a 5-disk RAID 0 array, just one disk failing would irreversibly destroy the array.

If he doesn't care about data loss now then just use them as 2 separate disks again, job done.
bringing sexy back