RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
New York to legalize pot

Rep:
Level 83
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/2010/03/23/2010-03-23_state_dems_have_a_dope_budget_idea.html

NY Senate Democrats are counting on a pot of gold!

They want to legalize medical marijuana as a way to generate nearly $15 million in licensing fees to help plug the state's $9 billion budget gap.

"It is the right thing to do and there is revenue attached to it," said state Sen. Thomas Duane (D-Manhattan). Duane and Assemblyman Richard Gottfried (D-Manhattan) are behind the plan to make it legal for folks with serious medical woes to score limited amounts of weed from state-certified distributors - or grow it themselves.

About damn time

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
Try quoting the full article next time, please.

It's got a fair amount of opposition and still needs to cut through a lot of red tape for financial and medical reasons. There are plenty of alternate solutions to help suffering patients, solutions that won't be turned into "gateway drugs" as the republicans have called it. So don't get all excited to be on dope again.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Also, it's medical marijuana.

Rep:
Level 83
I told we were only suppose to quote part of the article. Sorry

And I know its just medical, but that makes it that much easier to legalize marijuana for everyone.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Of course you'd know, you probably read it, but you provided the rest of us without that information. So what you know doesn't matter at all.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
They're not going to legalize marijuana for everyone. It's a prescription grade drug. The entire reason prescriptions exist is to ensure the drugs aren't abused.

I'm also pretty sure selling your prescriptions is a felony.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
It happens though. From what I understand, it's not too difficult. I'm not sure how it is or isn't though.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member

Yeah, because someone selling marijuana wouldn't dare break the law :V
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll

Yeah, because someone selling marijuana wouldn't dare break the law :V
I'm saying this doesn't make it any more legal. I didn't say people don't break the law.

Rep:
Level 83
I don't use marijuana. And anyway, do you know how easy it is to get prescriptions when you don't need them? Its ridiculous how easy it is. I just posted this because I thought it concerned a couple people here. But who knows, maybe every other city isn't full of pot heads who could be your friends. Just saying

Rep:
Level 102
I wouldn't know how easy it is because I don't do drugs.

Regardless of how easy it is, it's still illegal.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
It's easy to get drugs.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
Redyugi, why are you saying it's "about damn time" that New York legalizes marijuana if you claim to not use marijuana? Or are you going to use the excuse that a "close friend" of yours does it?  :P

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\

Rep:
Level 83
Its about time because they are starting to realize that instead of wasting money trying to stop all the illegal drug use, that they can legally sell the drugs to make money. The government only made marijuana illegal because we don't grow the majority of it. They want us hooked on drugs made here, not somewhere else

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Its about time because they are starting to realize that instead of wasting money trying to stop all the illegal drug use, that they can legally sell the drugs to make money. The government only made marijuana illegal because we don't grow the majority of it. They want us hooked on drugs made here, not somewhere else

They won't be stopping anything.
by 'legal for medical uses' that only counts to a certain amount of weed and with a prescription, they'll still be coming down on people for carrying weed without or with too much.

Also I think it's ridiculous to think that the only reason that marijuana is illegal in large amounts is because it's grown in Columbia.  Consider that people who use drugs go for stronger and stronger drugs over time, and then, well, I dunno, fuck around and kill or injure people, or cause issues in public.

Alcohol is addicting and it wasn't made illegal back in the day because Americans didn't make it, it was made illegal because people fucked up other people's lives with the stuff (granted that didn't last long, but that's not the point).
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 12:12:41 AM by NAMKCOR »

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Best Writer

Are you fucking dense?

This isn't what this fucking article is about you torpid minded idiot.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 83
If I wanted a debate about this, I would have posted it in the Debate forum. Seriously.
There are alot of reasons behind why marijuana is illegal. Lets just leave it at that

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Best Writer
It's not about why it's illegal you illiterate atrocity, it's about that THIS ISN'T ABOUT THE US LEAGLIZING POT TO SELL TO CITIZENS BECAUSE THEY WANT TO KEEP IT REGULATED. IT'S ABOUT FUCKING PRESCRIPTIONS FOR PEOPLE WHO NEED IT.

Edit Afterthought: Also really who needs weed to help them relax?
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
Edit Afterthought: Also really who needs weed to help them relax?

Medical marijuana has a lot more purposes than that and it should be legalized. Unless you're referring to people who use it recreationally (don't think that's a word) to relax, in which case, I agree.
:tinysmile:

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\

Rep:
Level 94
The government makes more money by keeping weed illegal than they would in legalizing it.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
Why are people swearing in this thread? It confuses me greatly.

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
Why are people swearing in this thread? It confuses me greatly.
It makes you look cool, silly.

Rep:
Level 83
It's not about why it's illegal you illiterate atrocity, it's about that THIS ISN'T ABOUT THE US LEAGLIZING POT TO SELL TO CITIZENS BECAUSE THEY WANT TO KEEP IT REGULATED. IT'S ABOUT FUCKING PRESCRIPTIONS FOR PEOPLE WHO NEED IT.
I know its for medical purposes. But you must think about the repercussions of letting that go through. But seriously, I am not gonna debate. If you want to start a fight, do it else where.
And I am not illiterate. I have a higher reading level then you probably. Thanks to standardized testing, we could easily know too.