RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Street Racing RPG

GRABBIN SOME PEELZ
Rep:
Level 85
Doin some...
Alrigty, I really hope your allowed to edit these because this is not supposed to be the final post.  ;D

Now, I don't know if anyone has ever done this before, but this is for a "Street Racing" style RPG. That's not going to be the final name, one because it's generic sounding and two because the game won't be on the street alone. It would start in the street, then once the driver has proved he has the skills, the can move on to weekend track days and eventually move on to something more professional, say WRC rallying, Formula D, or even SuperGT.

For right now, I'd say its... oh 0.001% complete, I've only made two cars (the Z34 and a '07 GT500) and just started work on the Auto Parts store.

Gameplay, as planed so far, would be something like... drive to auto parts store, buy parts, go back to your house and work on your car, night falls, go out and find racers. Then, as you would level up, racers would start to call you saying "Hey, such and such is looking for you, you up for it?" generic NFS:U stuff like that.

Then, after you move up in the street racing scene in your city, someone might suggest, "You've got some good skills, better than these kids out here. You should go to the local track on the weekend track days, it cost a little bit, but you can make more money if you win, and might even get some sponsors looking at you."

From there, I don't know, it might evolve into, you get a sponsor, they tell you "You can go into WRC this next season, we'll give you this Ford Fiesta and get her set up for you, you may buy other parts if you want to spend your own money it's up to you" then you travel the world racing, get noticed by other sponsors for other race leagues, and so on.

Nothings really set in stone, and a lot of this might not work, but I've seen a lot of s&!% in good 'ol RMRK, and I don't see why, with a good enough team, it wouldn't be possible.

I'm looking for tons of team members for this one, mostly artist and programmers (as in doing lots of custom menus and such, things like disabling equiping items from anywhere but the store, setting up a system for racing, etc.)

Here's what I got for screen shots so far. (don't get too excited)

Spoiler for Screenshots:

Advanced Auto Parts (Originally the car was going to be a 370Z, that's why he still says "AAP Japan" but then I switched it to the GT500. The 370 is still in the game, just not in this dev demo.)

Viewing Held Parts (Each part will have detailed description such as these, and each part will have a color by them, light blue being street level parts, yellow being sport parts, and red being racing parts.)

Car Status Screen (The stats currently only work in battle, just as they do regularly since the battling is just the same. The final racing system will need to be made so these stats reflect the car's over all performance on the track.)

Lousy track made with RTP

<Skanker> Fairy talks about asses in 9 sentences out of 10

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Tokyo Drift mang