RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Music] [WIP] Whirlpool

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
Check out the new Electronic piece I'm working on.

It's on the boxes tab.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ryan-Leber/182278701819

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ryan-Leber/182278701819?v=box_3

Also, tell me if these links work. If they don't, I'm going to have to find another outlet besides Facebook for sharing music. It already seems too convoluted and difficult to actually FIND the music...
...because Facebook is retarded.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 06:59:59 AM by irock »

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Either link works, the first one though you just have to click the "Boxes" tab to get there. The second link just takes you right to that song.

I like it. How did you come up with the title?

Rep:
Level 96
Well, Whirlpool was just a concept title, and I haven't decided on a new one yet. But so far, the entire piece has a very strong narrative to it. A strong narrative that I tried to make subtle, but you can still hear everything if you pay attention.

I could just tell you what it's about, but I think it would be more interesting for you to try and guess, or come up with your own meanings.

but...

Spoiler for Thorough Explanation:
It's about a boy throwing rocks into a lake. The violin at the beginning is the undisturbed surface of the water, the clarinet theme is the boy's theme. As he throws rocks in, you hear the chime/bell instrument, and the guitars pantomime the waves emanating from the point of impact. The piano signifies nature, like leaves falling, and wind blowing, which also stirs the water. You'll notice that, at first, the water echoes perfectly, and evenly, but as more factors (i.e. the piano) enter into the equation, the waves become disjointed, and asymmetrical.

Soon the water is stirring all (the rhodes part).

If you pay close attention, you'll notice a point where there is an echo, but no chime, meaning the water moved and splashed, but without any stimulus from either the boy or nature, and that's when this new theme (low, in the bass) comes in. This theme is supposed to be like a 'monster' or 'creature' theme.

The boy notices this, and stops. To investigate, he starts throwing more stones in, precariously.

Suddenly, the water starts stirring out of control (piano/rhodes wave part) until it rises above him, and he find himself in this new underwater world, which is where the tonality shifts. You can still hear the boy's theme, but now it's in the chime part.

This is where I stopped for now.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 07:53:00 PM by arlen »

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
How can you even make a song like that... =_= Anyways, I'm really impressed. :o Can't wait for a full finished song and a big explanation thing. :3

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
That's really cool that you can make a narrative from music instead of making music from a narrative. Just another way music is an art form. I definitely couldn't do that. :)

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
This is exceptionally beautiful. You have a feel for music that's very rare to come across. Great work - I can't wait until it's finished.

Rep:
Level 96
Thanks, guys.  :)

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
Awwwuh, I wanted it to be longer T_T

Good job, arlen buddy ;w;

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Wow, this is beautiful.
I heard it after I read the explanation and every part gives a perfect feel. Can't wait till its done <3
Arlen is hot.