RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Dolphin GameCube

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
It's pretty cool but I'm getting fps issues.
Before I decide it's that my computer is too slow and give up, are there any settings to speed it up?

I'm getting like 30fps in a 1on1 match in SSB:M

edit: my CPU and my Graphics Card meet the requirements as well.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 08:32:16 PM by NAMKCOR »

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Project of the Month winner for September 2009
Before I create a block of text, what is the technical spec of your PC?

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
AMD Turion 2.0ghz (x64)
3 GB Ram
ATI Radeon 3200HD

I just became of having realized that perhaps my processor isn't good enough, which sucks, as I have the equivalent of a netbook sized screen to play my actual GameCube on, and don't own either of the games I want to emulate.

I tried disabling graphics settings (to try and get the ugly-but-playable look) and that didn't improve anything.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
It doesn't work well for me, either, and I have higher specs. The program really isn't that great.

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
Rasse might be able to help. He's managed to get games working on our computers fine several times, I think.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
what kind of specs do you have chewey?

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
what kind of specs do you have chewey?
We both have pretty good computers.
Intel i7 920
HD4890
6GB RAM
for me

He's got an AMD Phenom II 810
HD4850
4GB RAM

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
yeah both of your computers are better than my laptop.

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
It's not really about requirements as it is about settings. Every single game requires special tweak-ups, pretty much. Some can't handle using more than just one core and some get really glitchy if you enable the wrong option. I haven't tried playing Melee on Dolphin, but if your problem is solely low FPS then check to see if Dual Core is on and mess around with the graphics plugin.

It doesn't work well for me, either, and I have higher specs. The program really isn't that great.

I've never had a game not work on it, even my shitty old rig used to milk out 20-30FPS
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Yeah, they work, but they run so slow that it isn't even fun to play them.

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Most Unsung Member2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
A 3200 is very weak to be emulating a Gamecube on. :(
bringing sexy back

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
A 3200 is very weak to be emulating a Gamecube on. :(

I thought it'd be worth a shot, it has the necessary shaders, and it seems to do alright with most games.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
I have the worse specs ever but could run DBZ Budokai at around 40 =D

ofc, i think I disabled sound...dunno. Didn't like the game =D
Arlen is hot.

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Project of the Month winner for September 2009
With the latest builds of Dolphin (47xx and up), I have not had many problems in Dolphin, most games I have run full speed with minor/no graphical errors with the Direct3D9 plugin on instead of the OpenGL. Also, with ATI's recent hotfix for 4000 Series and up cards, OpenGL works full speed on some Gamecube games too.

I only assign the emulator to two cores, not all four.

Personal list of games working perfect and others that have problems:
Spoiler for:

***** - Fullspeed and perfect. May have small graphical bugs (texture stretched if on a super high resolution)
**** - Perfect, but lags.
*** - Works great, but with severe graphical issues, semi-playable.
** - Same as above, but  not playable.
* - Loads...that's about it.
No Rating - :X

I will be more than happy to write down the settings I have for the emulator, the settings for the games have not been changed at all, it uses the settings I set in the emulator's Config.

Oh and my specs:

Windows 7 x64 Ultimate
AMD Phenom (One) 2.5GHz
XFX ATI Radeon 4830
4GB 800MHz RAM 5-5-5-12
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 12:16:24 AM by Tezuka »