RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Post-Apocalyptizombie RPG... Recruiting

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
Ed the Ninja Penguin is amazing.
Hi there everyone. I'm xhart/Josh, and I'm making a post-apocalyptic action RPG entitled Diseased. ...as you may guess judging by the title...
This is the same post that I've placed on rpgmakervx.net, but I learned I needed a little more help on this game. Please tell me if you're interested.

Story
Welcome to the Quarantine, an area fenced off by the U.S. government when a rabies-type human epidemic was released in this former small town. Unfortunately, most residents fell to this disease when it was live. The disease was viral, and victims were found in other locations as well, but they were not as big in number. These victims were relocated to the Quarantine. However, many residents of the small town were immune. Alas, the government blocked off the area considering those that were still healthy to be potential victims, but the rest of the world never heard of this tragedy.

You play the hero as he tries to escape the Quarantine and tell the world. The entire area is fenced off, so he must try to find another way out. He must face several other wanderers while traveling from town to town, trying to find his way out. Climbing the fences is not an option due to the guards that constantly patrol the area.

Spoiler for Screenshots:

(The below one is a small sample of some interior materials.)

Spoiler for The World:
You start in the small town of Descent, a community in the northwest portion of the Quarantine.  The hero is in an open-world environment filled with other towns, government buildings, and plenty of NPCs. The game will play much like Fallout 3 in that it will be in a desert setting and have an ominous presence, but it is NOT a Fallout 3 fan game. The hero travels the land fighting the Diseased, avoiding Disease Disposal Inc. employees, fighting bounty hunters, battling looters, and trying to find his escape route. The game utilizes Vlad's Requiem ABS 12 system quite effectively, and it truly does not stick to a linear you-have-to-go-here-or-else style game. It shall provide tons of game play time.

FACTIONS

Spoiler for Hero:
In essence, you. You make your own decisions. Go on.

Spoiler for The Diseased:
These are the poor unfortunate souls that fell to the Disease. They roam the Quarantine--some in government facilities, some living in abandoned buildings, some roaming the countryside. They are everywhere, and they will attack you at first sight. They come in all types of varieties. Fast, slow, hard-hitting... They always have a weapon of some type as well. Watch out for them.

Spoiler for Disease Disposal Inc.:
This is a government contracted company that travels throughout the land, picking up any individuals they see and hauling them off to the "CARRIER TESTING FACILITY"--more like prison. They have vehicles too--they will run you down.

Spoiler for Stranded Government Employees:
These are hostages of the Diseased that can be found in many government facilities. They will give you valuable information once you save them.

More factions are to come.

CHARACTER SUBMISSIONS!

I ask all of you to submit a character concept to the game.

Here are the requirements:

NAME:
PERSONALITY:

Please help!

I am also looking for tile artists as always, but I'm currently fine with what we have as of now. I've made some good scenery already--rusted walls and tin roofs. I customized the dirt auto-tiles to my liking as well. I'm using just a little RTP, but my dream is to veer away from RTP completely.

CURRENT POSITIONS (will add more):

Spriters (No chibi)
-I know Puck from RPGRevolution is interested. He is designing a template that will be non-chibi, and I will get back to you on that in a couple of days if he is finished (1-12)

Composers-Looking at callitsleep8 from rpgmakervx.net (need more, of course.)

Tile Artists-I'm getting decent. I made all the scenery you see there (though I used the RTP as a base for things like the fence.) I need more.

Mappers-When the tilesets are complete, I may start adding mappers. I wouldn't mind having a few people make some towns and such.

Also. To all of you. I am a good writer when it comes to the creative stuff. So if you need assistance... please tell me. Decent with Photoshop, too.

1-12: Trying to implement a "reputation" system in which all NPCs are killable and have a health meter. I think that will work well.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 04:27:46 AM by xhart »

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
NAME: Fenn/Wrenn
PERSONALITY: Bipolar - switches between sweet/kind and selfish/mean
GRAPHICAL DESCRIPTION
Brunette (too many blonde girls in games,) maybe some rugged wasteland survival gear? She would have to be "attractive" or the main character would want nothing to do with her.

Just an idea to start things off.
Check out my game, Terra Chimera: Soulfire - http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,37324.0.html