RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Good Bye

Rep:
Level 87
Man your just a big crybaby, dood. There was a time around 3 years ago when I was told that my sprite work was absolute fucking shit, that I have no talent as a spriter, and that I should just stop now because I would never be good enough. You know what I did? I didn't fucking cry about it, I got pissed and strove to prove the fucker who told me that wrong. Look where I am now by taking just a blatant put down, not criticism, a big old fuck you you'll never succeed, and look where I am now.

http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,35877.0.html

That's how far I've come. Currently, I don't even see you deserving ego stroking criticism, just put downs after put downs right after another, which is NOT what this site has been giving you.

You either improve and stop comparing "harsh levels" of criticisms because each person needs their own specific level to improve, or just stop and prove no one wrong like your doing.

pokeball joyOfflineFemale
Rep:
Level 85
I heard the voice of the salt in the desert
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Project of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Winner - 2011 Winter Project of the Season2010 Best Artist2010 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2014 Best RPG Maker User - Mapping2014 Best RPG Maker User - Graphics2014 Best Artist2013 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2013 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2010 Most Unsung Member2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion
Aaaand it does...seriously, even if you're forced to use less than perfect sprites, at least making them consistent really helps. Seriously, having a shitty sprite next to a really detailed or large one makes it look shittier, and mixing style MAKES the eye pick out flaws in all of them.

How about, instead of bitching, use the critisism to get better. There's only two reasons to post things:

1: For input to improve it.
2: To stroke your own ego.

You seem to have been going for 2, but you really need 1.

Rep:
Level 84
Man your just a big crybaby, dood. There was a time around 3 years ago when I was told that my sprite work was absolute fucking shit, that I have no talent as a spriter, and that I should just stop now because I would never be good enough. You know what I did? I didn't fucking cry about it, I got pissed and strove to prove the fucker who told me that wrong. Look where I am now by taking just a blatant put down, not criticism, a big old fuck you you'll never succeed, and look where I am now.

http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,35877.0.html

That's how far I've come. Currently, I don't even see you deserving ego stroking criticism, just put downs after put downs right after another, which is NOT what this site has been giving you.

You either improve and stop comparing "harsh levels" of criticisms because each person needs their own specific level to improve, or just stop and prove no one wrong like your doing.

It is put downs that I am getting from this site. "Your work is boring" "This looks awful" "that looks horrendous"
No one else on this forums get such remarks. Why me?

I know I am not the best. I know just like everyone else I need make improvements.

Aaaand it does...seriously, even if you're forced to use less than perfect sprites, at least making them consistent really helps. Seriously, having a shitty sprite next to a really detailed or large one makes it look shittier, and mixing style MAKES the eye pick out flaws in all of them.

How about, instead of bitching, use the critisism to get better. There's only two reasons to post things:

1: For input to improve it.
2: To stroke your own ego.

You seem to have been going for 2, but you really need 1.

I don't see how it is input to tell someone his or her stuff is terrible. How can I use criticism to get better when people bitch about a story they do not know of? That's not even criticism to judge something with no knowledge of it.

I am not looking for anyone to stroke my own ego. I am not expecting everyone to like my work. I just get tried of people saying my work is terrible and the worst there is. I hear this often. My maps are not empty. I use custom scripts and graphics. Hell I make black character sets for my games. They look good in my opinion. I am not saying I am best because I am not.

Anyways, I like I said I am leaving. Adios. Learn how to talk to people.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
IT AIN'T HARSH.
IT AIN'T HORRENDOUS.

IT. IS. RMRK.

sloganslogan.
Arlen is hot.

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
He'll pull at Brett Favre and return.

Lol, his profile says his age is 20, he certantily doesn't act it.

Good luck with other RM forums, hopefully they'll hold your hand, change your diaper, and say that every horrendous map you make looks pretty.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
He's just self-centered. He thinks that we should all be nice to him, because he is him.

Rep:
Level 87
Apparently you didn't get the memo I put in there. I improved because I took put downs and proved the people wrong and your just go "Wah wah, people don't like my work, so I won't change it to something that might be better."

And what do you mean "your" work? The "put downs", as you claim they are [at least from grafikal], is the fact you have two sprites with very different styles, clearly showing you grabbed them from somewhere else. We are trying to show that clumping mix matched graphics in to something reduces quality, a lot.

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
If you present yourself as a newbie then you'll be critiqued like you're a newbie.
But if you present yourself as an amazing game maker (the first thing I see when I look at any of your posts is the Pro Net gaming community sig).

I don't know if that's your site or not, but that makes people expect more from you.

If you were offended, I apologize. But like redwyn said, instead of getting pissed and leaving, get pissed and get better :) . lol
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Counsel2014 King of RMRK2014 Best Writer2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Best Writer2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
I think this goodbye has extended it's welcome.

:lock:
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep