RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
RPG Maker for DS

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
http://tkool.jp/products/rpgds/index.html

Console RMs have typically been terrible, so I don't have much hope for Handheld RMs. But I think it could be cool to make games for the DS. I am interested in how this maker allows for stylus interaction in games you create, if it does at all.

Anyway, discuss.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 09:39:20 PM by Owyn »

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
http://www.translate.google.com/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Ftkool.jp%2Fproducts%2Frpgds%2Findex.html&sl=auto&tl=en&history_state0=

It comes out January 28, 2010, and you can share your games via Wi-Fi.

I can't imagine trying to make an RPG Maker game on a DS. That would be tedious. :S

kikiki
Rep:
Level 84
Hi
Oh yeah, this is a good idea because the DS does have a touch screen.

And for everyone whose touch screen is somehow broken, you're outta luck XD

EDIT: So how will we make custom resources :|
Hi

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
It just looks like VX games that can be ported to a DS. So critiquing this is like critiquing VX except cooler since it can be ported out of the computer and on the move. But that's just me.

Rep:
Level 82
Can you name all the characters? PM me :D
Sorry for digging this up but I think this is important.

The date of RPG Maker DS has been put back, It will now be released on "11th March 2010"

Proof: http://tkool.jp/products/rpgds/information.html

That is all.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2009, 03:58:55 PM by VampiricPadraig »
P.P.P.P.P.P. (Proper, Planning, Prevents,P*ss,Poor,Performance)

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
no problemo - thanks for letting us know.

pokeball JAPOfflineFemale
I used to know nothing
Rep:
Level 89
Sounds interesting. But can we import custom resources? :/

Rep:
Level 83
Look at me, runnin' and all
Project of the Month winner for August 2009
Yeah, I'm watching this. The only thing is indeed: how the hell will we import graphics? Or, like WarioWare D.I.Y, can we pixelate them ourselves?

I'm excited, though. :)
  - 

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
I've been using this for a few days and you don't import anything, you get to make your own custom sprites (About 20 of them) by selecting a hairstyle, body and weapon for them a lá charamaker. There are around 50 songs for you to use and around 70 monster graphics. While it may sound incredibly limited (it is) it's still a really nice portable 'lite' version of VX. The mapping is done semi-automatically for you, towns have ready templates made for them but you get to place the buildings yourself; however you do get to make the world map yourself using a readily-made available tileset. There are also a nice batch of battle animations made for you.

The battles are done just like in VX, it's a Dragon Quest-esque scene where you see the enemy up-front. Now that I think about it, even the layout is pretty much a direct rip from Dragon Quest 4 on the DS. Any given map can have around 8 different encounters. There's also a memory limit for each game, there's a counter in the menu interface that shows how much memory you have left to use. There's a lot, though, so it's nothing to be scared of.

The event system is the exact same as in VX. You can't exactly event your custom-made battles or menus since the maps are handled differently in this version (Actually you probably could, but you'd have to be pretty darn good at improvising) which is a pretty big downside. I assure you that everything you get to pick from is of very high quality. The sprites and illustrations are all good and, gasp, even the music is fairly well done. If you're like me and can't stand gawking at the computer a lot but still need a tiny creative outlet I'd say this game is for you.

The japanese is very light and self-explanatory.
:taco: :taco: :taco:

pokeball JAPOfflineFemale
I used to know nothing
Rep:
Level 89
Well, I guess it will work for inspiring me during travels. Gonna get it. :)

Oh, and thanks Skanker! :D

RMRK Spriter
Rep:
Level 84
Flandre Scarlet
My uncle was in japan and he bought me RPG Maker DS. It wasn't as good as i thought, but still good.

Rep:
Level 89
I'll try anything once. I mean I tried RPG Maker 2 & 3 and did not like them, so I don't expect anything good or of high value.