RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
'minimalist' challenge

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
Hatrack/Luser
Every time I run across a game creation utility, it seems that the games created by these programs are made by people who are intent on making The Next Great Game. They either don't know what they are doing (or don't care),  & they want their project to be so huge that they try to push the envelope in creation.  Unfortunately, it seem that the majority of these programs foster (whether or not the intent is there) the 'use all resources whenever possible'  or 'Build Big, Bigger, Biggest' (insert any other phrase that fits).

IMHO, I think a good exercise in learning game creation would be a minimalist approach.  Most of you may recall some of the great RPG series like Wizardry, The Bard's Tale, Might
& Magic, etc., that proved great games could be made, while small in size, were huge in content.  Graphics weren't always an issue (does RPG Maker 2003 have vector graphics capability? Is a first person view possible?)

So if a game maker could concentrate on a minimal approach (I mean 'minimal' as in not skimping on gameplay and storyline, and focusing less on graphics.) IMHO it would make it easier for him/her to get used to the system.  It may be possible that this is part of the reason why there are so many unfinished projects around, not just from using the RPG Maker series, but in general game creation as well. 

I would appreciate any constructive response to this post.
\\\'The coffee mug grafted to my hand doubles as a blunt instrument of mayhem. You Have Been Warned.\\\'