RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
iPod issue

Rep:
Level 88
Unoriginal text here.
"pclick - peeoo" "pclick - peeoo" "pclick - peeoo"

That's the sound my iPod keeps making whenever I switch menus and move around too fast. I swapped iPods out today and the new one did the exact same thing.

Now I googled this, and there are people who had problems, but none precisely like mine, and rarely on the same kind of iPod.

I can feel a little something click in the back of the iPod when it makes that noise. Sometimes it happens a whole lot in a row, sometimes it doesn't happen at all.

Is this something I should be worried about? It's not causing any problems with using the device so far, but it definitely does NOT sound natural. Could this be a product of all the "pilfered" music tracks I have on here? Most of it is legit albums but about 130 or so are pirated songs, and about two of them were homebrewed by random internet folk. Is it possible that a pirated song can cause this kind of glitch in an iPod? Because all the songs run just fine.

Except for "I Am... All of Me" by Crush 40. For some reason whenever I try to play that particular song on my iPod, both the old one and the new one, it skips right over the song and starts the next one on the list. It runs just fine in iTunes but not on my iPod. Why would this be happening?

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
pirated songs won't harm hardware lmao

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
it's probably just some stupid hardware/software issue or maybe you dropped it on accident or it was in your pocket and you slammed it into something on accident and what-not. Numerous things.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
The clicking? thats the hardrive--it's fucked up.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
Nouman beat me to it. Old Generation iPods had moving-part hard drives. i.e. spinning disks. They make clicky noises when they're broken (or sometimes, when they're not, but if it's frequent, yeah, broken).

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Punch it a few times when it makes that sound until it stops.

Ipod gen2 running strong still in the camaro after having this issue.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun