RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
My Sprained Ankle

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Yeah, I sprained my right ankle. The question I've had is this: what's wrong with my ankle? o_O? Besides the sprain, of course.

I've been able to walk a little with that tape thing that goes around to support the ankle. It seems, though, that this causes bruising on the inside of my foot. Walking with the tape thing on doesn't hurt at all, though, unless I take a really weird step or walk too fast.

So: walking - bad or good?

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
I could write a book about the bad topics you make.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
walking in general? or walking while your ankle is fucked? walking in general is always a pretty good option. It's decent to mediocre exercise unless you powerwalk, wear a headband, some tights, a pair of tube socks, and listen to a Tape recorder, then it becomes an amazing workout.

walking while your ankle is fucked up, well it's good to get up and moving so you don't get a stiff joint from basically not using it at all. Not like it'll be severe stiffness if you don't use it for a day or so, but it'll be uncomfortable. Just don't over do it. You kind of have to know your limits.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
People who can't stay off an injury usually don't recover as fast - that should be obvious - and I'm siding with 'ski here. Really moo...a quick google will do you more good in a minute than waiting for replies.

Grafikal is correct, not walking can cause more problems but that's like an extreme. If you stay off your feet for non-necessities they'll heal pretty fast. There's nothing wrong with limping around and walking so long as you don't put all of your weight on it.

If it does get worse you may want to find a podiatrist within 500mi since it's not likely you'll find one within the state of pennsylvania. Worse case is that it stays sprained for a couple months, but they recover fast. I've gotten a ton from soccer that healed within a week.

I'd suggest finding a comfrey leaf as they do work very well. I've used them on sprains, it wont heal overnight but it works.
They grew all over the place in new york, so I'm sure you can find some in pennsylvania.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
People who can't stay off an injury usually don't recover as fast - that should be obvious - and I'm siding with 'ski here. Really moo...a quick google will do you more good in a minute than waiting for replies.
I've googled and I get some random results about "bruises" and "heels" (unrelated) and parts where it's just not what I'm looking for. :P Plus, I posted this right before I slept so I could check up on it before I left for school.

Overall, thanks for the comments. Yeah, I'm limping because straight up walking is just bad for me at the moment. The way I've known it is that if it doesn't cause pain, then it should be fine (in most cases unless your nerves are damaged or something, lol). But then, if a side-effect appears (bruise), then it could mean a deeper problem so I was just making sure.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
I've googled and I get some random results about "bruises" and "heels" (unrelated) and parts where it's just not what I'm looking for. :P Plus, I posted this right before I slept so I could check up on it before I left for school.

Overall, thanks for the comments. Yeah, I'm limping because straight up walking is just bad for me at the moment. The way I've known it is that if it doesn't cause pain, then it should be fine (in most cases unless your nerves are damaged or something, lol). But then, if a side-effect appears (bruise), then it could mean a deeper problem so I was just making sure.

Oh for sure, no pain doesn't mean it's gone away (or isn't going to hurt soon). I had a nasty sprained ankle a while ago that I thought was all healed and then DAMN I think I was riding my bike the next day and it came back.

Also...if you try comfrey I remember it being very itchy.  :P