RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Re-encoding?

Rep:
Level 88
Unoriginal text here.
OK, so I downloaded this: http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4269696/Gunslinger_Girl_Season_1_(English_Dubbed)
And if you read the comments you might notice that episode 12 is fucked. The opening theme gets all blocky and repeats itself and then the rest of the episode is about 3 seconds off with the audio, having people say things before their mouths move.

One guy fixed the audio, but he also removed the black bars, causing the episode to go into fullscreen. Neither my iPod nor my computer is able to play it in widescreen which means he somehow managed to actually cut off the sides of the episode. BUT, the guy who did the re-encoding at least fixed the initial problems. The only thing wrong with what he did is that he made a new problem. But he stuck the audio back in place and somehow cured the repeating in the intro screen and managed to remove the data squares that appeared all over it.

Normally I'd just post a thread in the requests section for a new Episode 12 of Gunslinger Girl in English, but I suspect that nobody here has it or everybody will assume it's easy to find and tell me to google it, which I already did and found nothing I was looking for. Any website that is streaming the anime is for some reason playing a version where it's actually been MUSHED into a fullscreen, giving everybody a tall head. So I can't download it from a streaming website either.

If anybody could teach me how to re-encode this episode 12 of Gunslinger Girl just as that "qwertymac" guy in thepiratebay managed to, but without cutting off the sides, please tell me how. Alternatively if you actually have Episode 12 in English, please upload it.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
What kind of anime fan are you to watch something that's English dubbed? >_>

Rep:
Level 88
Unoriginal text here.
NOT the kind who's so bloated with Japan fandom that I reject everything from any other nationality. I've broken free from the Japanophile stereotype (mostly) and have acknowledged that I am not Japanese nor will I ever be. So I'm perfectly capable of enjoying an English dub. Hell, most people who never like English dubs are just in denial of how good those dubs are. The only English dub I've seen so far that I really didn't like was the one for Gurren Lagann. I even found the Naruto dub tolerable and have actually grown to love "Believe it" and treat it like Naruto's catchphrase.

To sum that paragraph up with an analogy, I do enjoy sushi but I still eat cheeseburgers too.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 12:27:53 AM by Animefan »

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
I hate Dubs . . .

Rep:
Level 88
Unoriginal text here.
^Actually, you're just in denial of how decent some English dubs actually are. ;8

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
I don't think you have to be a Japanophile to appreciate subs are better, in most cases. This is just getting sad now, seeing you struggle to meet some sort of middle ground for whatever reason.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
^Actually, you're just in denial of how decent some English dubs actually are. ;8
I'd say the only good one was Dragonball, considering the Japanese Goku had, liek, a prepubescent voice.

Anyways, for the topic, go google it.

Rep:
Level 88
Unoriginal text here.
Nothing I ever say or do is good enough for you guys. First when I'm nothing but a Japanophile straight up, I'm the weeaboo and you make fun of me. Now that I say that I can appreciate something non-Japanese, somehow that's wrong too? Nothing's ever good enough for you guys. But maybe I'm the one at fault for still seeing you guys all as one person instead of individuals.

And FYI I never dislike the Japanese dubs but I do like English dubs as well.

In the mean time... damn this re-encoding looks like hard work. Does anybody here just have the episode in English available for uploading? I'll love you forever.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Wait so you just want to change the resolution to fit your screen?
http://www.virtualdub.org/
Head over there.

And seriously how tired can you be at any given hour of the day to where you prefer dubbing?

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
Nothing I ever say or do is good enough for you guys. First when I'm nothing but a Japanophile straight up, I'm the weeaboo and you make fun of me. Now that I say that I can appreciate something non-Japanese, somehow that's wrong too? Nothing's ever good enough for you guys. But maybe I'm the one at fault for still seeing you guys all as one person instead of individuals.
Man, you just never seem comfortable in your skin.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Man, you just never seem comfortable in your skin.

I agree with chewey, if you would look at such things as an opinion rather than an antagonistic remark I think your whole outlook on life would change. Nobody is out to get you man. We're all individuals with our own preference, if you like it's yours not ours and don't expect people to be willing to accept everything you personally prefer, nor should you change to be accepted by people who dislike you (and if they cannot fully accept you one way will they ever really accept you if you change? I wouldn't count on it). And while members might tease or even hurt you, you really shouldn't care what they think. They're not your bosses in a high up job. This is the internet.

Nobody appreciates dubs, that's a fact. They're like what a music CD made by Michael Bay would sound like.

Rep:
Level 84
Is a New Zealander
I'm much too lazy to put an actual signature here.

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
MediaCoder / SUPER

SUPER is more newbie friendly, though you can still fuck up with it if you don't pay attention / know what you're doing about. MediaCoder exposes alot more settings to you, but it's only for those with more experience in messing around with media files. Both are free.
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 88
Unoriginal text here.
Wait so you just want to change the resolution to fit your screen?
http://www.virtualdub.org/
Head over there.

And seriously how tired can you be at any given hour of the day to where you prefer dubbing?
Actually, the resolution's been permanently damaged. I'm trying to get back the episodes' wide screen, because the person who re-encoded it cut off the sides to make it full screen.

So I want to re-encode the episode myself instead of using his re-encoding.
Dual audio: http://rapidshare.com/files/249782020/12.Simbiosi_20-_20Symbiosis.mkv
Thank you so much... but the audio for this one is also off by about a second or two. It's not too much but it's noticable, especially when guns are fired.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!

Aha. I thought it was just a funky res you wanted to fix as to fit onto your ipod.

And if it helps at all, VLC lets you mess around with the audio/video synchronization. You could always use that to set the audio to the proper timing.