RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
I'm new! Here is who I am!

Rep:
Level 83
Hi all.

I use RPG Maker 2000 in my free time.  I have mostly produced amusing little games, but have been working on a more semi-professional real game for the last year or two.  I am very happy with it, and perhaps in another year or so it will be nearing completion (probably longer than that realistically).  I am interested in helping out other game-makers work on their titles, and thought I should give you an idea about what kind of person I am and what kind of people I would like to work with.

I am:

-Respectful
-Kind
-Creative
-Really good with RPG Maker 2000 considering I'm just an average Joe

What kind of games I like:

-Comical (not usually cynical, but there are some big exceptions). 
-I especially like absurd games

I also like serious games, especially those that:

-are original
-are interesting (creative originality)
-look good (for 16 bit ;))
-are dynamic (that is, not repetitious--particularly the plot)
-have solid characters with depth

I like people to be excited about their games!  I would want to assist people who have some similarities.  People who are also respectful and fairly good with the program. 

If you are interested, please see another post of mine at http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,34810.0.html and then shoot me a pm!

Rep:
Level 83
Um, yeah, welcome. Can I suggest RM2K3 instead of 2K. I think it fixes the glitches in 2K so it would be easier, welcome anyway.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 King of RMRK2014 Best Counsel2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Writer2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Funniest Member
Welcome to the site.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 12:34:40 PM by ?????????? »
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
Hello and welcome. I hope you find the community as enjoyable as I have.
:tinysmile:

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
Shouldn't this be in the welcome board?

Well, anyways, WELCOME TO RMRK! There will always be people in need of help, so I hope you have fun. :3

<3
Rep:
Level 83
I am the love in your heart. <3
Welcome there. =D Enjoy your time with us. <3

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009

Rep:
Level 83
Thank you everybody!  I look forward to playing some titles by all you people.

Oh, and in response to Miles, I prefer 2000 over 2003 because 2003 requires more graphics.  I also prefer the fully turn based system of 2000.  And I found 2003 more glitchy than 2000 anyway!  Just personal preference.

Thanks again for the warm welcomes!

Rep:
Level 83
X-PLAT!
@flapbat - you get a 16 bit turn based + abs welcome "nice" resume ~ ((GA\\//\/\|E|F//A((C||E

« Last Edit: September 26, 2009, 06:22:45 AM by gameface101 »

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
Welcome, welcome!

I should really bring back the deadly diablo post :) It's a much better welcome than repeating the word welcome.