RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
I'm offering to help with original projects (for RPG Maker 2000)

Rep:
Level 83
First off, by "original" I mean a game not derived from another pre-existing game.  So please, no final fantasy titles or anything along those lines.

Basically I am very well acquainted with the programming end of the RPG Maker 2000 (sorry RMK2003!).  Therefore, my assistance would be on the programming end (actually doing it myself rather than giving tutorials).  I think it would work best if you have  some specific section in mind to which I could contribute (such as a mini-game, day/night script, or special abilities).  I can also help with some monotonous stuff like battle animations.

I am very good with the RPG Maker (although not perfect) and enjoy pushing the program beyond what it offers at face value.  I am hoping my offer will help people keep their works in progress.  With that in mind, I am most willing to help with games that are already coming along nicely.  I think I can help the most if you are also pretty good with the program.   And of course, I want to be involved in projects that catch my interest! 

As a final disclaimer, please don't take it personally if I decline involvement on any level.  Your project should still be yours; I'm not looking to co-design anything.  Creative people don't always see eye to eye, so we simply may not be suited to work together.

Rep:
Level 83
X-PLAT!
@flapbat - solo, I personally work in XP with lots of scripts when I program...

are you looking to work on a title with a creative team?
check out my welcome thread if you would like to collaborate on a mini-game

~(G/\/\/\|_|-/\((|=
« Last Edit: September 26, 2009, 06:20:38 AM by gameface101 »

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Project of the Month winner for September 2009
Good timing, but on a different track. :tpg:

Just out of curiosity anyway, what is the most "complex" thing you have evented/programmed in RPG Maker 2000/3?

Rep:
Level 83
The most awesome things I have programmed are...

Random treasure generator
Enemies that give chase on the map
Upgradable Magic System in which you can trade spells between characters
Battle Enhancment where you gain attack rank every round in order to unleash cool weapon skills

Other miscellaneous bits like damage formulas that deal damage based on enemy mp, spending exp on diff characters instead of just leveling up, weapons with special enhancements like a chance to deal extra damage based on equipment, and some really random other stuff that is hard to explain.

The following link is a video sample of the game I am working on.  You can see examples of most of the things I mentioned above.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VyyHmdvJfQ

I am also undertaking a blacksmithing system where you can destroy weapons and armor to get base components to create other items.  I will post some of my previous projects once I have cleaned them up a bit.

-flap