RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[XP] The Last of the Forgotten Race (Music and Story Updated)

Rep: +0/-0Level 83
Creator of TLOTFR and is quite friendly :D

You know how those.. lost civilisation storys go don't you?

Group of people set out to find place,
they get to place before bad people,
bad people try and take things and the good ones have to stop them,
bad people stopped and happy ending...
or maybe just one person finding it out by accident.

This story... is about when all those storys and legends about a wonderous race.... were deeply wrong...
Sometimes...

Lost Civilisations are ment to be lost....

Story Prologue and Intro (in a nutshell):

Not long ago, miners started to find strange writing and artifacts while they were just doing their job. Only a few mines had these but all were countries apart, so there were no pattern to these finds of which people were able to work out. These mines started to become quite popular and special mining jobs were more common than before, everyone wanted to find out what these were all about and where did they come from.

For a while, lots of different finds were found, some big but most only peices of things, some almost too fragile to move. Suddenly, there was a huge decrease of finds and things started to slow down rapidly.
Everyone thorght that there was nothing left to look for, jobs started to return to normal and everything went back into its general line of order.
It was only 5 days after they went back to the mines when they found something quite odd and nothing of like they had found before.

A Book... but.. It looked like it was quite recent, as in the past 100 years or so...
But everything which they had found already was THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS of years old....

As you can imagine, this puzzled thousands of people, not to its age, but to the understanding of the book. The language was unknown to all. No similaritys to any languages which we know of today, no clues, nothing which was able to identify it. but... there was one part which was written clear....in complete english for all to understand.
It seemed that someone was able to translate some of what it said... and left a small guide, as an instruction to understanding their language.

For 20 years, a special group studied this and began translating the book.
....It took them years... but eventually, they had a complete copy of it, translated... or atleast... of what was left in the book.
They reported that somehow, and for some unknown reason, about 50% of the pages in the book were missing. This was backed up by the miner who found it who said that he also saw some were missing, as if they were ripped out. 3 months they searched the mine, but not even reminents of the pages were found.

The Translation of (what was left of) the book was called "The Gerthnick's Legacy" after the person who did the original translation hundreds of years ago. The book stated about the first civilisation, their culture, their technology, their peaceful life, and the proof that they were the original human-like mammals which inhabited this plannet. As you can imagine, this collided alot with todays science with the evolution theroy and all its evidence, but nevertheless, it did explain alot.
People either got intrested in their culture and peaceful life, or their technologic and intelligence.
These... "facts" are what compelled countries around the world to commence a world-wide mission.... To find this lost race, because as it says in the book...

"....and the forgotten race still lives on to this very day, for they have been able to change their structure, making them immortal to natural death...."

Your part of the story starts off at the main mine which they now call "Gerthnick's Mine", due to the name of the lost race's book, since the book was originally found here.
The mine use to be VERY popular but after a while, people gave up looking for more stuff at this mine. There was nothing left about the lost race to find, so it was turned back into a crystal mine, due to that is was it was originally....

.... most people quite what they do because they give up.... but this time... they shouldn't of gave up....

Creator Comments:

This RPG has elements of Horror, Puzzles, Sneaking, Action, and Adventure. Quite a mix people tell me, but thats because you do so much.
The Element of Puzzles are like door combinations and other seals to open doors, some require more than to just walk up and open.
The Element of Sneaking will be needed alot, if you want to survive this game
The Elements of Action and Adventure are in all rpgs, but in this one, you have to think when to fight... or when to run. Choosing the right one may just save yourself.

The Main element which i am trying to do is Horror. Ambient music. Dark Endless locations. Creatures almost impossible to see.
And the endless feel... that someone... or something is right behind you...
Waiting.....

Featured Music:
This Spoiler is the player... but its in html atm.. if you know a good way for me to do a player so you can hear the music this way please tell me or if there is a way to make this grooveshark html code into bb code or something.
Spoiler for:
i need help...

<object width="250" height="400"> <param name="movie" value="http://listen.grooveshark.com/widget.swf"></param> <param name="wmode" value="window"></param> <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param> <param name="flashvars" value="hostname=cowbell.grooveshark.com&widgetID=15284818&style=metal&bbg=00d9ff&bfg=000000&bt=FFFFFF&bth=000000&pbg=FFFFFF&pbgh=ffffff&pfg=000000&pfgh=FFFFFF&si=FFFFFF&lbg=FFFFFF&lbgh=00d9ff&lfg=000000&lfgh=000000&sb=FFFFFF&sbh=ffffff&p=0"></param> <embed src="http://listen.grooveshark.com/widget.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="250" height="400" flashvars="hostname=cowbell.grooveshark.com&widgetID=15284818&style=metal&bbg=00d9ff&bfg=000000&bt=FFFFFF&bth=000000&pbg=FFFFFF&pbgh=ffffff&pfg=000000&pfgh=FFFFFF&si=FFFFFF&lbg=FFFFFF&lbgh=00d9ff&lfg=000000&lfgh=000000&sb=FFFFFF&sbh=ffffff&p=0" allowScriptAccess="always" wmode="window"></embed></object>

thats the player embedded but is there a player which i can use? this is using groveshark
Spoiler for:
These are only a few of the musics featured. I have not been able to upload them all but here are some.
All credit for the songs go to their original creators and will be said in the credits ingame & with the credits.txt file too.
The credits.txt file will be made once the game in finished so i can just wrap it up easy.
Since this is a non-profit game, I am allowed to use these peices of music. If this was NOT a non-profit game, I would/could have some problems with a few of them.

Some Screenshots:
Spoiler for:
These Places may not seem dark now.. but the further you go in... the less light there will be.
Better to leave your lamp charging (solar powered electric lamp), you will need it...

I know that it looks like the tracks are in the air, I have added stands for them so it looks like they are now being held up by wooden structuring.

This Project is still in Progress.
I have asked in the Recruit area to see if i can get a scripter and a spriter.
If intrested, please go and reply on that topic.
Link is: http://www.rmxpunlimited.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=3404

Thanks
« Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 07:59:24 AM by Shadowbutterfly »

Rep:
Level 83
Spriter
Too bad there is not already a demo:( I like the idea of the cave, deeper= darker.
Also, welcome on the forums :D

thanks :) and yeh.. this game is quite dark, but thats to help with the creepy feel..
this along with the ambient music works quite well :P

When I can, I will make a demo, it will only be the intro but atleast it will be something.
I am in need of a scripter tho to make a hud, ABS and other scripts (like a lamp script).

Here is the link:
http://www.rmxpunlimited.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=3404

Got no replys atm :S
I think ill try Eclipse Evolution Forums too incase anyone there can help but I'll try here and rmxpunlimited first.

Rep:
Level 83
Sounds cool, can't wait for updates.

On the second screenie the wall that goes to black with the two crystals on it... on like the 3rd tile down on the wall you can see some sort of line that doesn't look good. Umm if you don't know what I mean it doesn't really matter, thats the only error i saw.

Rep:
Level 83
All that you know is at an end...
You have some pretty cool ideas for the game, and I love the charging lamp idea. Can't wait to play it.

Sounds cool, can't wait for updates.

On the second screenie the wall that goes to black with the two crystals on it... on like the 3rd tile down on the wall you can see some sort of line that doesn't look good. Umm if you don't know what I mean it doesn't really matter, thats the only error i saw.

i think i know where you mean... thats just the tile set... ill see if i can make it look better but if not i'll leave it for then.

oh and yeh, the re-chargeable lamp will come in VERY handy later on....
Hint: you g2 use it to do a "little" bit of electricuting... not strong but just a little bit...

Edit: I've added examples of the music which will be used in the game
« Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 03:42:48 PM by Shadowbutterfly »