RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Unlimited Actors Custom Menu System

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Unlimited Actors Custom Menu System
Version: 1.0
Author: Albertfish
Date: September 5, 2009 (of most recent version)

Planned Future Versions

Increase compatibility with other scripts by using aliases.

Description

This is a complete redesign of the default menu system redesigned for a 14 player party.

Features

• Handles large parties
  • Allow to change the order of the members in the party- Credit FOMAR1053
  • Handles character faces which are easy to set up, and easy to change in game
  • Organized items menu system with 9 categories to sort items which can easily be setup
  • also included are setups for 4man and 6man active parties
  • Has Element support for Each Actor (can be used to show the player what element an actor specializes in)

Screenshots

Character selection:
Spoiler for:

Displays 4 characters at a time. As you move the cursor down, it starts scrolling through the other characters.

Equipment screen:
Spoiler for:

Items menu:
Spoiler for:

The items menu is separated into categories. The recent items category displays the 20 most recently obtained items.

Skill/Item target:
Spoiler for:

Status screen:
Spoiler for:

Menu options:
Spoiler for:

Instructions

Instructions in the Script

Script

See Demo

Credit

• Albertfish
  • FOMAR1053 for the max party
  • Cold for the Bestiary Script
  • IAMFORTE if you keep the default menu icons included in the demo

Thanks

• IAMFORTE for requesting

Support

You can reach albertfish by sending him a pm.

Known Compatibility Issues

Since this edits the menu and the battle menu, this may be incompatible with scripts that modify those.

Demo

See Attached

Author's Notes

Enjoy  :D

Restrictions

You may use this script in your game as long as proper credit is given.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 05:23:17 PM by modern algebra »

kikiki
Rep:
Level 84
Hi
Whoa - fourteen people?
Hi

Rep:
Level 83
Detective Scrotes
Whoa - fourteen people?
Well, technically it's limitless.

Rep:
Level 85
14 is the number i needed for my game XD

kikiki
Rep:
Level 84
Hi
Wow...

Well, good luck on your game. I won't use this script since I only have twelve characters...
Hi

Rep:
Level 83
Detective Scrotes
Wow...

Well, good luck on your game. I won't use this script since I only have twelve characters...
It would work fine with twelve. I'll post some screen shot of the menu so you can see what it looks like.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
It sounds pretty neat. I would like to see some screenshots though.

In any case, this is definitely going to the database.

Rep:
Level 83
Detective Scrotes
Yea sorry for not posting them, just started back up at school so I've been busy buying all my books and stuff. I will get some up though!

Edit: Okay here are some screen shots!

Character selection:
Spoiler for:

Displays 4 characters at a time. As you move the cursor down, it starts scrolling through the other characters.

Equipment screen:
Spoiler for:

Items menu:
Spoiler for:

The items menu is separated into categories. The recent items category displays the 20 most recently obtained items.

Skill/Item target:
Spoiler for:

Status screen:
Spoiler for:

Menu options:
Spoiler for:
« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 06:00:34 AM by albertfish »

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
That looks very cool. Great job! Added those screens to the first post.

Rep:
Level 83
Detective Scrotes
Thanks :). This was my first CMS, and I have only been scripting for about a month now, so the code is slightly messy. I may spend sometime cleaning it up.

Rep:
Level 97
If you don't mind, I'm going to change the name of this topic to Unlimited Actor Custom Menu System, since 14-man seems unnecessarily restrictive and people might think the number can't be changed.

Rep:
Level 85
okay... Sorry about that XD
i used 14 because it was my max XD

Rep:
Level 97
Oh, no; there's nothing to apologize for. I just wanted to make sure it gets as much traffic as possible.

kikiki
Rep:
Level 84
Hi
Well, this looks pretty neat after seeing those screenshots. I won't use it since I don;t have facesets and I don't have battlers for my game.
Hi

Rep:
Level 83
Detective Scrotes
Well, this looks pretty neat after seeing those screenshots. I won't use it since I don;t have facesets and I don't have battlers for my game.
Well, you just gave me an idea of what I can do for a future update.

I might make it so you can turn on and off the face set display along with the battlers display.

Rep:
Level 83
Detective Scrotes
New updated release, version 2.0!

So what is new is version 2.0?
Version 2.0: September 16, 2009
         - The command $change_face.new("name", "image name") has been changed
           to $game_party.change_face("name", "image name")
         - Removed unneeded code
         - Removed unnecessary global variables
         - Added hp and sp bars to the battle screen and skills menu
         - Added the ability to turn off and on the following
             - Face display
             - Battler display
             - Element display

The demo is available and attached to this post.

Rep:
Level 84
Yes, hoh my gawd!
Okay I'm confuzed. Who made it? IAMFORTE or albertfish? O_o?

EDIT:
Nevermind lol I was confuzed I see now.

Anyways nice job albertifish its done very well.

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
First of all, I want to say that I absolutely love this code. It's the first working code for changing out party members that I found, and I love the menu update.

However, I seem to be having difficulties adding new items to the inventory, and I can't figure out why... I want the main character to start out with no weapons and armor, but when I try to add one in the game, it gets a NoMethodError, saying that 'push' is an undefined method... Do you know how I might fix this? Oh, and I tested it if he starts with weapons and armor, and it works fine then... but then I tried to add a regular item and it errored again.

Thanks!

Edit: Update on my problem:
It works perfectly fine, whether I start with items or not, if I don't look at the menu. However, if I look at the menu, it errors out. Also, I noticed that while it adds the potion-type items to the 'potion' menu in 'items', it doesn't add them to 'recent items'. I have no other codes added in, so I'm really not sure why it's doing this... It seems to work perfectly fine in the demo, which confuses me even more. Any help with this would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 07:30:13 AM by AyameMajikku »

Rep:
Level 83
Detective Scrotes
Hmm, well I am not really sure what the problem is. However, it might have to do with the recent items script. I released a separate and more recent version of the script here. Try putting that below the menu script and tell me if it works. I will also look into this error, thanks you letting me know.

:D It works now! Thank you very much!

I get an error: [undefined method 'Icon_name' for nilClass] everytime I try to view the items sub menu after an event in which an item was taken away from the inventory :( I can't seem to figure it out!

Rep:
Level 83
Detective Scrotes
I get an error: [undefined method 'Icon_name' for nilClass] everytime I try to view the items sub menu after an event in which an item was taken away from the inventory :( I can't seem to figure it out!
Can you post what line the error occurs on?

Line 1404 ((THANK YOU!! for responding!))

Rep:
Level 82
Yeah, I get the same error.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 11:44:28 PM by XaineC »

Rep:
Level 81
Can you post what line the error occurs on?
what