RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
The Best Video Game Animes

Rep:
Level 84
Over the years video game series have entered the world of anime. MegaMan, Mario, Zelda, Sonic, and many more have made the crossover. Which video game animes do you think are the best?

Rep:
Level 88
Unoriginal text here.
I don't think "Well excuuuuse me, Princess!" counts as an anime. And neither does "That's mama Luigi to you!"

But I can't wait for the new Halo anime to come out. And the .hack// series has lots of games and animes.

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
The Tales Series Anime without a doubt. .hack// animes are good too.

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Tales series all the way

Rep:
Level 85
???, "Big Nose"
The Xenosaga Animation was decent -- if you played the game, the story is rushed.  If you haven't, you don't know what the heck is going on, but it's beautiful as anything.

But it's a fun 'macross' style anime, and pretty short so you can finish it quickly.

There was also another anime I watched way back that Square Enix made but it wasn't necessarily based on a video game, but played out like one.  I forget the name, but it took place in a city where everyone had magic where they all gained levels, except for one guy who didn't have any magic so he was ostracized, until he met some cleric girl who got him into a lot of trouble with creepy guys who had super powerful magic, but could be defeated by this kid's awesome fist (or something).  

It was cool, and then Crunchy Roll got a million bucks, and it disappeared.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
this is actually a necro that isn't too bad, as it can actually cause discussion.
that said, lets continue.

dot hack doesn't really count it was an anime first that spawned games. but yeah i liked what i've seen of it. the games were alright too and i haven't seen importable saves again until Mass Effect 2. and it's still just as cool.

though i only watched the first episode (i couldn't find more nor did i want to download it) the ragnarok online anime was okayish.

also xenosaga < xenogears in every way ever.

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
pokemans.
They were always pretty decent, even the generations that I didn't really like the games in were always watchable at worst.

.Hack was great when it started, but then as it (the anime) went on it go mind numbingly boring, around the last eight episodes, to the point where I never bothered to finish it.

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
  I have fatched a very few videogame animes, but of the ones I watched, the best (By far) Is Star Ocean EX. Really nice and got a nice OP/ED too. Well, I really enjoyed it, but I saw so many artistic flaws... But it did not weighted on the fun! I guess i'm a Star Ocean fanboy, after all -,-'

Also, I don't remember a darn thing about this anime [Ragnarok: The animation, I believ~e], since my memory is crap and i watched it about 3, 4 years ago, but i believe i've enjoyed it, i just remember small bits (Such as white birds flying on the OP), but i think i had great times watching it.

P.S: Never played Ragnarok. And i don't pretend to, i really don't like the brainwashing that happened to my friend, Letícia.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
pft your friend is just weak willed to MMO's RO is awesome.

played the majority of my time on a server that peaked at 50 players, everyone knew everyone else and the pvp was awesome because griefing was nearly non existent. guild battles were awesome because mass rushes were not viable because of small guild sizes so you had to work well with a team.