RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RMXP] Rise Of A Nation-it's not dead yet!

Rep:
Level 83
All that you know is at an end...

NEWS

6/09/10 - took down the demo. I'm still working on this project, and yes, I know it's been a VERY long time since I've updated the topic. Most of everything is still the same, and I will upload a new demo and more information when I have fixed a very large bug in the game right now.

STORY

After witnessing a meeting between his King and a mysterious figure, young Baron Sedric Ramnell is forced to flee is country with a handful of his faithful servants. After weeks of traveling south, and believing themselves safe from the country he once belonged to, the group decides to settle down in a land no one has traveled through in over 1,000 years.

CHARACTERS

Sedric Ramnell - A young baron who escaped the army of his once-king to save his few loyal servants. Sedric lost his parents at a young age. His father in the troll wars, and his mother to the plague. When he turned 18, he inherited his Father's title, land, and estate, only to see it all burned to the ground after witnessing his king and a hooded figure speaking of mysterious sacrifices...

Aeron - No one knows Aeron's last name, not even Sedric. He has served the Ramnell family for 3 generations, including the guarding of Sedric. A very smart man who takes his job very seriously. Knows how to cut down trees.

Mariska - The youngest guard of the Ramnell estates, Mariska was overjoyed to be a part of such a wealthy noble's household. After only a year of service, she felt a strong tie to Sedric, and swore to follow him wherever he went. Knows how to mine.

Jeeves - Jeeves, the Family's butler, has been in service for even longer than Aeron. He was old when Sedric's father was in his teens. No one knows how old he is, and he doesn't speak of it. Sedric once asked him, but Jeeves quickly changed the subject, and refused to speak of it again.

FEATURES

- Upgradeable home. Go from tent in a forest to a farmhouse, and ( eventually ) beyond.
 - Mining and Woodcutting skills. These are used to gather resources for upgrading your home.
 - Slipknot's Message System, ver. 3.0.
 - switchable characters. Just walk up to Aeron or Mariska and you can switch out with them.
 - separate skills for characters ( in development ) ( Aeron and Mariska )

SCREENSHOTS

« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 07:36:00 PM by CursedBlackWolf »

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Story, screenshots, features, info. You need to post these things. Nobody is going to download your demo if we don't know what we're downloading. Look at some other project threads.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
Infact, just look at the requirements sticky in the RMXP Projects section to see what it takes to get it out of here.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 83
Story, screenshots, features, info. You need to post these things. Nobody is going to download your demo if we don't know what we're downloading. Look at some other project threads.

Thanks for the help.

kikiki
Rep:
Level 84
Hi
you might want to put the images in [IMG] tags.

and the name of this game reminds me of Rise of Nations xD
Hi

Rep:
Level 83
you might want to put the images in [IMG] tags.

and the name of this game reminds me of Rise of Nations xD

Honestly, I'm still new to all this, so, how do I do that? And yeah, I know, the names almost the same. Couldn't think of a better name.

kikiki
Rep:
Level 84
Hi
You put the links between

or you could just click that Image picture with a plus sign next to it.
Hi

Rep:
Level 83
oh....

Thanks.

kikiki
Rep:
Level 84
Hi
Your images are broken o_O
I click on a link, and it says, "Image not found"
Hi

Rep:
Level 83
Your images are broken o_O
I click on a link, and it says, "Image not found"

Did you try the IMG link, or the URL link? The image link doesn't work, but clicking on the urls should work just fine.
Would it help If I just attached the screenshots to my original post?

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Half your images just take you to imageshack, they don't take you to the image hosted by imageshack. I don't understand why people use such a shitty hosting site anyways. People never pick the right thing and have no clue how to embed images. It's basically self-explanatory and all the image hosting sites I've looked at all have a line of text specifically for forums.

Rep:
Level 83
Half your images just take you to imageshack, they don't take you to the image hosted by imageshack. I don't understand why people use such a shitty hosting site anyways. People never pick the right thing and have no clue how to embed images. It's basically self-explanatory and all the image hosting sites I've looked at all have a line of text specifically for forums.

Sorry, I didn't realize that happened. I logged onto my imageshack account and the images weren't there.

Rep:
Level 83
Well i tried the demo and i thought it was pretty good, the huge map that you wonder across chopping trees gets annoying because of those damn yellow bushes, THEY ARE EVERYWHERE. But aside from that i like the wood cutting and the mining stuff. The character swapping is cool too, i like the idea of the house upgrades but the fact that you have to go out of map for it to work is kinda lame.

Rep:
Level 83
Well i tried the demo and i thought it was pretty good, the huge map that you wonder across chopping trees gets annoying because of those damn yellow bushes, THEY ARE EVERYWHERE. But aside from that i like the wood cutting and the mining stuff. The character swapping is cool too, i like the idea of the house upgrades but the fact that you have to go out of map for it to work is kinda lame.

Thanks for the input. I'll work on those yellow bushes. I'm working on a different way for house upgrades to work, cause, yeah, just leaving and coming back isn't working.