RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Writing] The Grimoire Alehouse Swindler. ( A Unfinshed Story)

Rep:
Level 84
All Hail the Motherboard.
                                      The Grimoire Alehouse Swindler

Ok so it all started out at the Grimoire Tavern a bleak place with dim lighting, mean people, broken chairs, and some particularly sleazy people. I mind you was one of those people and I know I was wrong now but back then, I did not have a care in the world.
   “Leave now Damal! I don’t want any beggars in my Tavern, no money no entry” Scowled Imapu.   “Of course, I have money or... I will soon” said Damal with a smug grin.
   Well you see I am not wanted anywhere really the reason being my appearance, and no one really likes Orcs and I don’t blame them I know I’m not some prince charming but I deserve respect I just wasn’t earning it. Oh and Imapu an Elf really does not like my kind because what we did to his people. I quite frankly don’t get it I didn’t do it per say but others of my race did it and I’m sure they had a good reason. 
   More to the point, as I was looking around this forsaken dusty old Tavern I saw this new sucker and it would be easier to score a drink since he didn’t know me. He was sitting all alone in the darkest corner of the tavern and looked like the rebel type very adventurous. Short brown hair, 5’o clock shadow, big muscles, a clenched gritty toothed smile, and in a russet felt shirt and tan linen pants. Although very menacing, this guy didn’t scare me. Therefore, I dove in for the kill.
“Hey there buddy how’s life treating ya?” Damal said trying to play it cool.
“Well uh buddy I’m an escaped prisoner, my wife is dead, I’m ready to kill anyone who looks at me funny and well this Beer if you can call it that tastes like warm cat piss!” yelled the menacing stranger as he broke the glass on his table. The whole tavern turned to see what was going on but he didn’t care and neither did Damal all he wanted was a free drink and some cash to go along with it.
“Oh really an escaped prisoner you say... I know tons of prisoners what Jail did you escape from?”
“The Abeca Prison.”
“Oh that’s an easy one I know old men who could get out of there.”
“You wanna say that again tough guy?”
“Oh no not really I’m just saying I know old men who could easily waltz right out of that prison unharmed”

That was my mistake sometimes I have a way of saying the wrong thing. This is where the guy Picked up the old table and threw it across the room and this is where I began to cry for my mom. All the Tavern Goers stopped and crowded us two men. He grabbed me by the collar of my shirt and as I looked into those small beady eyes, he whispered in my ear that was the last thing that will ever come out of your mouth and he hurled me into the split table. And when you hear someone scream as loud as I did, you’ll know exactly what it felt like if I screamed any louder every glass in that place would’ve cracked. Then it got worse I swear the guards come just when you do not want them too and at the worst possible time imaginable.

Halt! You two are under arrest f-for.. the guard stuttered this wasn't common most guards in this area have a very lubricious quality about them. We knew at that moment we could have a chance of slipping out of trouble. We moved in for the kill.
"Hey guy, how's about you let me and my friend go and there won't be any further altercations we got cash" Damal said smugly, while Sofura had his teeth clenched and his fists hard.
"I-I do-don't understand what you mean, I-I'm just a tyro." said the young guard.
"Oooh a tyro eh, what do you come from  Pelf's?" asked Damal inquisitively.
"W-W-Why yes I-I am, M-My parents are r-rich t-tycoons."
"What are you doing working here? Shouldn't you be living the good life?"
"M-My parents didn't want me b-because of m-my Spee-Spe-Speech Imped-impediment, n-now I'm afraid I-I'm go-going to have to take you two away, come with me"
"Alright.. we won't fight with ya any longer...." Damal winked at Sofura, right before they were thrown into the dirty old carriage to be taken away.

Chapter 1 Page 2
We weren't alone figuratively speaking. You see in some parts of the world where people die you see their spirits repeating a looping cycle repeating what they did right before they died. Scientists have been studying this for years and have been trying to stop it but never succeeded. It's not a problem however no one minds them but at times it can become pretty frightening. This one in particular was lying there just wasting away...
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 09:49:35 AM by boe »