RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Grid Inventory 1.0f

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
Hiya, I've been trying your script out, and I'm loving it so far, but I've run into a few problems in my game.

1.) When I view the information for an item, it shows an icon in the top right of the information window that's seemingly randomly selected from my icon sheet. Not a gigantic problem, just an eyesore.

2.) When I view some of the items, the game crashes and I get this error:

It's probably some stupid mistake on my part, but I've tried everything I could think of to fix the problem(I'm no scripter, by the way ;_;) and nothing has worked so far.

If you could point me in the right direction I would be eternally grateful! ^_^

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Both of those are related. The icon(s) at the top right aren't randomly selected - they represent the elements that that item has. The error you are receiving is likely because you haven't setup which icons you want to use to represent each element you have in the database. If you go to line 154, you will see this:

Code: [Select]
  # Icons to represent elements of items in the Information screen. Every
  #  element MUST have an icon.
  GI_ELEMENT_ICONS = [132, 2, 4, 14, 16, 12, 138, 137, 104]

You must give every element an icon.

Alternatively, if you don't want to show the elements at all, you would need to go to line 2084 and comment out the following four lines:

item.element_set.each { |i|
      x -= 28
      draw_icon (ModernAlgebra::GI_ELEMENT_ICONS[i - 1], x, 4)
    }

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
Aargh! I knew it was something I missed.

Thanks a lot! It works perfectly now.
Very cool script 8)

Rep: +0/-0Level 76
RMRK Junior
I am unsure on how to download the script and no one will tell me. Please reply.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Who's the no one to tell you? Who did you ask?

In any case, just scroll down to the bottom of the first post and click the like that says: "Grid Inventory Demo." Alternatively, click this link: Grid Inventory Demo
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 03:28:06 AM by modern algebra »

Rep: +0/-0Level 75
RMRK Junior
I downloaded your script and it worked great but I made an item and once I use it once the use option turns faded and it won't let me use the item anymore. i've checked and the item is not consumable.

I've found a way around the problem by using the item them putting it in my loot them taking the item again, but them i still only have one time use until it fades again!

Rep:
Level 97
Thanks for catching that error. You can fix it by going to line 3121 and changing the following:

$game_party.modalg_gd_nventry_item_gain_7ye4 (placement.item, -1)

to:

$game_party.modalg_gd_nventry_item_gain_7ye4 (placement.item, -1) if placement.item.consumable

Alternatively, you can redownload the script as I have updated it to version 1.0f.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 03:57:21 AM by modern algebra »

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
Hey modern, I was using your script when I got this error
Script 'Grid Inventory 1.0f line 3299: Argument Error occurred
comparison of String with 0 failed

I got this when I exited from your quest journal menu which I am also using.
It was in version 1.0e as well. I think it may have to do with compatibility of scripts so this is what I'm using.
I'm using your quest journal and grid inventory scripts, Thomas Edison, and Day/Night cycle by Jet.

Rep:
Level 97
Yeah, it's a compatibility error. At line 3299, try replacing:

elsif menu_index >= ModernAlgebra::GI_MENU_INDEX

with:

elsif !menu_index.is_a? (String) && menu_index >= ModernAlgebra::GI_MENU_INDEX

Rep: +0/-0Level 75
RMRK Junior
I've been using you script to make my game and i works well. I made a Event that makes a variable=Item in inventory. I get the error message:

Script 'Game-Interpreter' line 750: NoMethodError occurred.

undefined method '[]' for nil: NilClass

I was wondering if this was because of your Script or my eventing? If you could tell my what this means and how to fix it I would be very thankful.

Rep:
Level 97
It's not my script or your eventing; it's a mistake that enterbrain made in scripting when they released VX. The fix is located in this topic: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,25243.0.html

Make sure to also fix the multiplication error. They are in separate posts.

Rep:
Level 75
Likes the survival horror
Hey man...
when i trie to equip a shield type item on my character, i got that error....
Script "Grid inventory" line 2934: Argument Error Ocurred.
wrong number of arguments(4 for 3)

This is the line:
$game_actors[@inventory.actor_id].change_equip (equip_type, item, false, indx)
 Please tell me how can i fix it!!!!!

Rep:
Level 97
It's an incompatibility with another script. One of your other custom scripts redefines the change_equip method and does not take into account the possibility of another argument being added.

Identify which script is causing the error and try placing this script below it.

Rep:
Level 75
Likes the survival horror
Ok..thanks..i actually know the problem....
this script is not compatible with the "Learn skills by equipment"...
Thanks for the support......
Your script is great for my survival horror game..lol... ^-^

Rep:
Level 75
I am having a problem it is not working with your full status CMS it makes the commands open scenes they are not set to and the none of them open the inventory

Edit: I Fixed it by placing the gird inventory above the FSM but it still does to open the grid only normal item screen
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 11:18:02 PM by CodeMaster »

Spoiler for:

Spoiler for:
John 3:16: For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life

Rep:
Level 97
Yeah, well you have to change it. It needs to call Scene_GridInventory, not Scene_Item. So basically, you need to set it up in the FSCMS. Something like the following:

0 => ["Vocab::item", 144, "$game_party.members.empty?", true, Scene_GridInventory],

Rep:
Level 75
thank you sorry to keep asking for script help but i could not script to save my life.

Spoiler for:

Spoiler for:
John 3:16: For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life

Rep:
Level 75
RMRK Junior
This is an awsome script. However, is there anyway to get this to work with KGC Equipment extension? It doesnt seem to work with it. It won't equip or uniquip any of the extended armors.

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
 :tpg: JUST LIKE DIABLO 2!!!! I wanted to make a game with features like Diablo 2!

Rep:
Level 75
I have gotten it to work with KGC Equipment Extentions as long as the grid inventory is below KGC's script it works the only slight problem is that it is equiping things to the wrong place

Spoiler for:

Spoiler for:

Rep: +0/-0Level 73
RMRK Junior
i got a problem, when i equip an item an error occours on line 2934
        $game_actors[@inventory.actor_id].change_equip (equip_type, item, false, indx)
it says argument error wroung number of arguments (4 of 3)

*Never Mind, I figured it out, thius script iis incompatable with 'Tales of' Titles*
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 05:48:53 PM by Watfordj »

Rep:
Level 97
Yeah, that is probably all it is. But, before deleting one or the other, try them in a different order (IE. try putting the Grid Inventory below the Titles script - you currently have it above if I'm not mistaken).

Rep: +0/-0Level 73
RMRK Junior
Is there a way to make this work with Simple Mouse System? I mean they don't interfere or something, only the mouse can't be used to move the selection, just to click the selected item.

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
I just noticed something I found quite peculiar...
I can't put anything into the storage boxes. I found this to be very strange.

Rep:
Level 75
It works fine for me ??? I wonder if there are any other scripts that might be interfering.

Spoiler for:

Spoiler for: