RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Grid Inventory 1.0f

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Alright, try replacing that same section of the script with:

Code: [Select]
#~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  # * Start Item Selection
  alias modalr_invgrid_slctitm_windo_4h21 start_item_selection
  def start_item_selection (*args)
    # Run Original Method
    modalr_invgrid_slctitm_windo_4h21 (*args)
    return unless  ModernAlgebra::GI_PERSONAL_ITEM_USE ||
        @active_battler.nil? || @active_battler.actor?
    # Setup inventory
    @item_window.ma_inventory = @active_battler.inventory
    @item_window.refresh
  end

If that doesn't work, I would like to see ziifee's battle system. A link would be fine. It probably alters the way @active_battler operates in Scene_Battle, which is why these errors are occuring.

Rep: +0/-0Level 83
Alright, try replacing that same section of the script with:

# * Start Item Selection
  alias modalr_invgrid_slctitm_windo_4h21 start_item_selection
    # Run Original Method
    return unless  ModernAlgebra::GI_PERSONAL_ITEM_USE ||
        @active_battler.nil? || @active_battler.actor?
    # Setup inventory
    @item_window.ma_inventory = @active_battler.inventory
    @item_window.refresh
  end

If that doesn't work, I would like to see ziifee's battle system. A link would be fine. It probably alters the way @active_battler operates in Scene_Battle, which is why these errors are occuring.

Nope, it doesn't help either, but know that your efforts are very much appreciated MA.

ziifee's Wait Gauge Battle;Scripts by ziifee LINK: http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showtopic=11555

I hope it will help because I can tell this script is quite a work of art and you wanna make it compatible eh.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Alright, well I did some testing and this appears to work. Place the Grid Inventory below the WGB and place this little code in its own slot below the Grid Inventory

#==============================================================================
#    Grid Inventory + ziifee's WGB Compatibility Patch
#++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
#  Instructions:
#
#    Place Grid Inventory below ziifee's scripts and this patch beneath the
#   Grid Inventory

# ** Scene Battle
#  Summary of Changes:
#    overwritten method - start_item_selection

class Scene_Battle
  # * Start Item Selection
    # Run Original Method
    return unless  ModernAlgebra::GI_PERSONAL_ITEM_USE
    # Setup inventory
    @item_window.ma_inventory = @select_battler.inventory
    @item_window.refresh
  end
end

:tpg:AT LAST! :tpg:
thanx Man, I'll continue and finish my game now. You must be a god or something
 ;8YEAH! ;8

:blizj:

On a more serious note, I wondered what you thought about ziifee's battle system?

Rep:
Level 97
It's a very pretty system. I liked the graphical aspects of it a lot. I didn't really examine the coding, but I thought it was a really nice script at least in terms of graphics and utility.

Oh no maybe I yelled victory a bit too fast.

It's pretty weird because when I try with ziifee's demo and place it all like you told me to do, it works fine, but in my project it just doesnt do the same, even tho I place every scripts the same manner...

Must be my system data, I really don't get it. Thanx anyway.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 10:28:58 PM by adamass »

Ok I found out that the patch you sent today was not compatible with Moghunter's Basic Menu Plus V 1.0. Not that a sadness for me, since a menu is not that important compared to your script.

That said, thanx and all again ::)

Rep:
Level 97
Well, it's important enough. I can't imagine the patch I sent caused the incompatibility though; it probably existed before the patch. I can try to fix it, but it depends on how different Mog's menu makes it.

It might be a matter of just configuring it through that menu.

Hmmm, you might be right. The patch may not be the problem indeed. In fact, as soon as I applied it, the item tag was just not replaced by ''inventory''. So it might be just as you say; it must be about the config of mog's script. Then again,I am a complete klutz when it comes to scripting and could search for like hours just to find what to change.

If you ever get osme time to spare, I might send you a link for it. However, I am not that sure to keep this menu script and am still looking for one before I make my final decision. Maybe you got one to suggest however that may be compatible and all?

Thanx again for your efforts.

Rep:
Level 97
Well, you could try putting the Grid Inventory under the menu if it isn't already.

But most CMSes kind of act funny if all scripts aren't configured from there. I really suggest you just learn the configuration. If not for MOG's, then for Yanfly's Scene Menu Redux
or my Full Status Menu or for any other Menu system. There are lots out there.

Rep:
Level 84
Hey dude, i found an error in your script.
When I optimized the inventory and then tried to quip a weapon I got an error window telling me

"Line 2939:
Wrong number of arguments 4 to 3" Or something like that.

Here is the line:
$game_actors[@inventory.actor_id].change_equip (equip_type, item, false, indx)

Rep:
Level 97
It sounds like a compatibility error, though the condition of optimizing first is rather strange. Does the error not occur if you don't optimize first?

Anyway, I suspect a compatibility error because the error suggest it is passing four arguments to a method that only expects three. But, that method in the Grid Inventory expects 2-4. So my suspicion is that you are using some script that aliases or overwrites change_equip without allowing for additional arguments.

So, my first suggestion to you is to place the Grid Inventory below any other custom scripts you have.

Rep:
Level 84
Yeah, I kinda figured that out right now. Thanks anyways dude!

Rep:
Level 84
Hey nice name change.

Umm I found one more bug in your Grid Inventory.
When I change the name of one or all of the Actors in my party, when I go to look at their inventory it displays their original name instead of the names I chose for them...
Think you can fix that up real quick?

Thanks in advance!

Rep:
Level 97
Alright, try adding this below the Grid Inventory, but still above Main:

# ** Game Actor
#  Summary of Changes:
#    aliased method - name=

class Game_Actor
  # * Change Name
  #     name : new name
  alias ma_zro_grdinvtory_chngname_7jj2 name=
  def name= (*args)
    ma_zro_grdinvtory_chngname_7jj2 (*args)
    @inventory.name = @name unless @inventory.nil?
  end
end

and the name change isn't permanent.

Rep:
Level 84
Thanks man, Although i needed to start a new games IT WORKS!!!
LOL
but now it doesn't say *"Person name" Items* It just says the name...
I'm cool with that though, I'm just letting you know.

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
I have an error when my party gets items after a battle while already having a full inventory.
The error I get is:
      Script 'Grid Inventory 1.0' line 3190: NameError occurred.
      uninitialized constant Scene_Battle::Scene_Inventory

I'm using version 1.0b with no other scripts. I copied the script directly from the
demo.

Rep:
Level 97
Shoot, that's a bad error. Go into your script, press CTRL+H. In the Find field, put Scene_Inventory. In the Replace field, put Scene_GridInventory. Replace all.

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
Thanks for the help.
It's working great now.

Rep:
Level 81
RMRK Junior
t'would be freaking awesome if this was for XP. anyone want to transfer it? xD
Feed my dragons your clicks! Please...? Or they'll die, and I'll be really sad... I already named them and everything.

Rep:
Level 97
Originally, I had made it for XP but it was full of bugs, so now it's only for VX. Anyway, I updated it to 1.0d to fix a few minor bugs people have mentioned. Hopefully everything will be dandy now.

Rep: +0/-0Level 78
Hi, first off i wanted to say that i am really enjoying the script so far but there is a bug i think i have found. In my game when someone other than the main actor sells something it seems to be duplicated in their inventory screen. You cant sell it but there is a copy in their inventory. I also tried this in the demo and the same thing happened. I would really appreciate if you could tell me if i am doing something wrong. Also this isn't as important but i was wondering if it would be possible to make it so certain actors cant have their equipment unequipped.

Rep:
Level 97
Updated to 1.0e. Should fix that problem.

Rep: +0/-0Level 78
Thank you so much! Works perfectly

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
You know what I'm thinking Modern?
Perhaps a switch option that makes it so that when you equip something, it doesn't remove it from your inventory.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon