RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Things you can't explain.

Rep:
Level 84
~Chase Leader~
This topic is intended for people who have experienced an event or situation that they could not explain.  With that said this should be serious and should pertain to something like an OOB (Out-of-body experience) or something else along those lines.  Anything else like, I don't understand why my friend acts the way he/she does can be posted but also have something serious to contribute.

Does anyone have an experience or witnessed an event or phenomenon that they can't explain?

I myself have experienced an OOB, but it wasn't self induced. It happened late one night while just thinking about life, and it felt as if I was awake and I knew I wasn't sleeping or dreaming. It almost felt like I was dying and I could see myself below me almost as if my mind and soul were one.  I obviously freaked out and forced myself to focus and come back to normal.

I saw my body as if I was looking at someone else from above, never have I felt anything so strange and surreal.

If anyone would care to talk about this or anything else like there experiences feel free to leave input or share your own story.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 05:44:54 PM by Chase_Leader »

pokeball NPCOfflineMale
Rep:
Level 84
Asking you to rescue princesses since '05
Well, I guess the story of how I went from Atheist to Agnostic could fit.

So I was surfing of the coast of Hawaii (11 or 12 at the time) and kinda spaced out, had thoughts of death, almost asked the sea itself to take me under. (My brother died shortly before this, so thoughts like these would be natural I guess.) Well once I realized I was further out then anyone else I got scared, and I tried to get back to shore, but I was going very slowly and getting tired. I then did what any Atheist would do if they thought they would died, I prayed. I said to... whatever, that if I could live I would dedicate my life to helping others, I new that my life was unimportant but maybe if I would sacrifice mine to doing whatever I could to make others happy the universe would let me live. About then a tall strong man with long flowing brown hair and a slight beard appeared before me and asked me to get on his board, I did so and he took me back to shore. We quickly found my mother who was horrified because she thought she lost another son. I embraced her and before I could thank the man who saved me life he was gone.

Then again I guess it could all have been a coincidence.
Why do 1 lined nameless NPCs never get taken seriously?

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
I myself have experienced an OOB, but it wasn't self induced. It happened late one night while just thinking about life, and it felt as if I was awake and I knew I wasn't sleeping or dreaming. It almost felt like I was dying and I could see myself below me almost as if my mind and soul were one.  I obviously freaked out and forced myself to focus and come back to normal.
What if you were dreaming, and you remembered the dream, but it wasn't completely lucid so you tricked yourself into thinking it wasn't a dream?

Rep:
Level 84
~Chase Leader~
What if you were dreaming, and you remembered the dream, but it wasn't completely lucid so you tricked yourself into thinking it wasn't a dream?
I know it wasn't a dream, its something thats really hard to explain, but unlike a dream or nightmare I felt awake and alive I continued to think about life and everything that was going on and my thought process didn't change at all, I didn't fade out at all either.

In a dream I no things aren't real, most of my dreams I can think back on them but not remember all the details and if I do I forget most of those details the next day.  This I have never forgotten.

It has really kind of bothered me ever since it happened and I always find myself thinking about it from time to time.

Well, I guess the story of how I went from Atheist to Agnostic could fit.
That is a unique story, maybe it wasn't your time to go. I think it is interesting that it made you go from being Atheist to Agnostic, there are just too many things in this Universe that are beyond our understanding.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 01:25:50 PM by Chase_Leader »

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
In a dream I no things aren't real, most of my dreams I can think back on them but not remember all the details and if I do I forget most of those details the next day.  This I have never forgotten.

It has really kind of bothered me ever since it happened and I always find myself thinking about it from time to time.
Dude. I had a dream once where I fell into a pit while I was in a sleeping bag and tons of my friends and family were there. It was a "hell" and we burned, sitting, on coals. I remember vividly that experience. And it sure as hell wasn't real life.

Plus, in my personal experience, the dreams I do remember, I remember things better than I do in real life. I can't remember almost a single thing that happened even just yesterday except for vague things like: "I used the computer" or something. Dreams, I do happen to remember.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 05:24:41 PM by mastermoo420 »

pokeball NPCOfflineMale
Rep:
Level 84
Asking you to rescue princesses since '05
Stop arguing over this, weather it was a dream or a vision or weather there is a difference between the two is up to everyone to decide for themselves. We will get no where saying "yes it was, no it wasn't, yes it was, no it wasn't."

EDIT: note to self re-read posts before posting for maximum grammar
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 06:56:40 PM by NPC »
Why do 1 lined nameless NPCs never get taken seriously?

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
ED is going downhill!

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
Moo, stop fagging things up.

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
ED is going downhill!
No, there's a very simple explanation for that one.

:V

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Moo, stop fagging things up.
This is a debate board. The topic is called "Things you can't explain." I debated that you actually can explain them.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
He wasn't even presenting a topic to debate. He was just asking if anyone else has had anything sort of similar or otherwise weird experience.

Figure:: Debating a topic about a sole person's experience is stupid. It's his experience that is unique to him and if you haven't experienced it then you wouldn't know. It's not like you can literally disprove him so the debate about it is pointless. I think it'd be more productive to discuss rather than debate. Since you can't really come to the conclusion that he did or didn't have said experience, but you can certainly discuss options of what happened. There shouldn't really be a debate.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 03:54:13 AM by grafikal009 »

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
He wasn't even presenting a topic to debate. He was just asking if anyone else has had anything sort of similar or otherwise weird experience.

Figure:: Debating a topic about a sole person's experience is stupid. It's his experience that is unique to him and if you haven't experienced it then you wouldn't know. It's not like you can literally disprove him so the debate about it is pointless. I think it'd be more productive to discuss rather than debate. Since you can't really come to the conclusion that he did or didn't have said experience, but you can certainly discuss options of what happened. There shouldn't really be a debate.
Yeah, that first paragraph/two sentences led me to think your last sentence.

Rep:
Level 84
~Chase Leader~
If you can't be serious, I really don't want to hear about your hentai fetish with charmander.
I will close this thread if no-one will be serious.