RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Star Trek

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
I've never seen anything related to Star Trek before. And since this takes place before the original star trek, I thought i'd start with this.
I loved it. Everything is awesome, especially the spaceship-battle scenes
=)
~
Arlen is hot.

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
Damn Fine Movie.

I AGREE WITH NIGHTWOLF.

Because I'd totally be saying the same thing if he hadn't said it first.

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
Thread makes me sad.  ;9

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
Why Arlen? WHY?

please tell us  ;9

Rep:
Level 96
Because some of us on this forum were fans of the series (or particular series) before the movie, which is a large departure from the series. lol

pokeball NPCOfflineMale
Rep:
Level 84
Asking you to rescue princesses since '05
Well, that's kinda the point because

Spoiler for:
The movie actually a sequel to the original series (based slightly before the first episode... isn't time travel fun.) In the conversation with old Spock the director clearly drives home this point.
Why do 1 lined nameless NPCs never get taken seriously?

Rep:
Level 96
Isn't there a sword fight in the new movie? Come on, really? Swords?

Series: Overload his sub-atomic frequency with a modified distress beacon modulated to his wavelength and make him blow up.

Movie: SWORD FIGHT TIME

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
I loved the Details of the Structures & the effects of the movie.

I just saw like 20-35 Episodes of the Series & two of the old Movies <__< Beyond that, I was little and I just saw it today. <shrugs> SWORD FIGHT & FIRING LAZERRRRS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Star Trek: The Next Generation, born 1987.
Boe: The Next Spammer, born 1988.

I growed up wathcing TNG. I've only seen 2-3 episodes of the first one, and from what I saw I didn't like it.

TNG FTW FU LOL
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 09:50:10 PM by Boe »
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Most Unsung Member2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
I saw all of the original series, next generation, and voyager. Deep space nine can go fuck itself, as can that new enterprise series.

This movie was meh. Too dumbed down for common americans. Imagine if nothing existed before, there was no franchise or anything, this movie just came out of nowhere named star trek. Imagine the demographic that would be attracted to it. It's not so much the demographic for the original shows, though of course there's some overlap.
bringing sexy back

pokeball NPCOfflineMale
Rep:
Level 84
Asking you to rescue princesses since '05
Well I enjoyed the original series as well, and felt like the movie would probably be terrible, but it wasn't. So I guess I'm an overlap.
Why do 1 lined nameless NPCs never get taken seriously?

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
The original Star Trek series was lame. I never watched any of the other ones, but Star Trek always seemed like a bunch of corny people running around with shit glued to their faces.

Rep:
Level 96
It never ceases to amaze me how a lot of Holk's opinions are against everyone else's here.
Not that it's a bad thing, I was just thrown for a loop when, instead of taking a side in the series vs. movie argument, he comes in with "Star Trek sucks" instead, lol.

It's almost like you screen a thread for a while, and gather the biggest consensus among the thread, and then go against it purposely, haha.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
I haven't seen the movie yet, but JJ Abrams is one of my favorite producer/directors. The movie could be fantastic, but I was just saying how I was never a fan of Star Trek. I've seen some of the other shows that Gene Roddenberry (or however you spell it) has done, and I liked some of them. I used to like Andromeda with Kevin Sorbo quite a lot. I'm just saying that I couldn't understand the appeal of Star Trek.

Edit: Apparently, John Locke loves it, though.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 10:37:38 PM by Holk »

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
2014 Most Missed Member2013 Most Mature Member2013 Kindest Member2013 Best Counsel2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer2012 Kindest Member2012 Best Counselluv u bb <3Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantFor taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2010 Kindest Member
Isn't there a sword fight in the new movie? Come on, really? Swords?

Series: Overload his sub-atomic frequency with a modified distress beacon modulated to his wavelength and make him blow up.

Movie: SWORD FIGHT TIME

lol I haven't seen this movie, but that was enough to make me second guess it. 

also:
This movie was meh. Too dumbed down for common americans.

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
To be fair, the whole sword fight scene was a last resort. They were using guns too.

Rep:
Level 96
Yeah, I last resort to decent writing.

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
Yeah, I last resort to decent writing.

Oh marlio, you card.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
I loved it. There was a sword fight, but it wasn't the entire movie. Most of it was guns and Kirk being awesome and Uhura being hot.  :-[
Chris Pine is a good actor, too.

The TNG is the best, the original is kinda crappy IMO (but not bad) and I've barely seen any of the other ones..but if you prefer the other captains to Kirk or Picard there is something wrong with you, medical fact. Oh ho ho, where is Djang when we need her?

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Kirk got his ass beaten around twice or thrice in the whole movie ;-;
Arlen is hot.