RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Question regarding "bumping" in my project thread

Rep:
Level 83
I've created a thread in the New Projects subforum for RMXP Projects, and I was thinking of using it also as a sort of developer blog. What I mean is every now and then I'd post a reply regarding progress of the project. I was thinking of just doing this while it's still in the New Projects area (When I get to the point where it can be moved to the main part of the forum I'm probably not going to do it that way, not sure yet. I figure it'd be okay to "bump" my thread in the New Projects forum since it's not as active as the main forum). Is this alright, even though it means I'll probably have successive posts in that thread?

Here's the thread btw in case anyone's wondering http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,32801.new.html#new

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Just edit the original post, and then reply to it with a "Updated" post. This helps keep everything organized.

Rep:
Level 83
Sounds like a plan. Thanks.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
as long as you're bumping for updates, it's not really a big deal if you post repeatedly.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
Also, just modifying a post marks the topic as having a new reply, even without a new post being made.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
Well, modifying the last post does, but it won't add it to the unread posts list for the members who have posted in the topic, which I think is how most of us look at the forums.