RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Music] Vacant Sky Collection

Rep:
Level 85
 Hey guys, it's been a while, eh? I've been really busy lately working on a nifty project, so forgive me for being away. I'll be posting songs from the Vacant Sky game here for a while, either until I run out of songs or I get bored. If you'd like to listen to them all at once, you can download the game and check them out in the music folder- they're all free! The game is pretty cool, too, by the way...
 Anyway, this one is one of the more popular tracks from the game (although I wouldn't call it a personal favorite). Either way, I hope you enjoy, and let me know what you think!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 07:02:04 AM by irock »
Oh, it's so close, oh so close! The next one in December, maybe? Perhaps so...more than that, you say? Do tell!

Rep:
Level 85
 Here's another one to sample. It's a lot quieter than the other one (possibly due to the events around which the song is based??), but I was fairly pleased with how it turned out. Structurally, the song is quite simple- solo violin traveling up and down the scale with piano and string accompaniment. I suppose it could've been fleshed out a bit more, but at the time it didn't seem like it needed anything extra...and I'm a firm believer that once something is "finished", you should just leave it alone; otherwise, you're likely to just mess it up somehow.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 04:59:45 AM by Tarranon »
Oh, it's so close, oh so close! The next one in December, maybe? Perhaps so...more than that, you say? Do tell!

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
These are good!

Rep:
Level 85
 Here's one more. This is actually the second version for this particular setting, the first having been unsuitable (although I think the original is still included on the soundtrack for the game). This sort of thing happened less often than you'd think, which was quite a surprise- to me, at least. I figured nearly all of the songs for the game would need a remake at least once or twice.
 Regardless, this one gave me the most trouble. After having submitted the first version, I couldn't imagine how to make it different and still capture the same "feel" required for the area. Several other versions later, which were never completed, I ended up with this. I think I tended to overuse the piano and strings for Act I, and this song is symptomatic of said overuse. I'm trying to correct that for Act II.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 05:00:02 AM by Tarranon »

Rep:
Level 83
"You come, You go, but first you lose an arm"
Here's another one to sample. It's a lot quieter than the other one (possibly due to the events around which the song is based??), but I was fairly pleased with how it turned out. Structurally, the song is quite simple- solo violin traveling up and down the scale with piano and string accompaniment. I suppose it could've been fleshed out a bit more, but at the time it didn't seem like it needed anything extra...and I'm a firm believer that once something is "finished", you should just leave it alone; otherwise, you're likely to just mess it up somehow.

This is crazy good
Man i love it
You are a proffesional
-=Renegade has come=- so has your death

Rep:
Level 84
Wow. I love your stuff!  Incredible.  You don't by chance take requests do you?

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
sacred slumber
Download http://rmrk.net/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=32784.0;attach=15961.mp3
=o it works, cool, just checking lol

Rep:
Level 85
That's a rather nifty feature. How do you utilize that streaming audio bar? Something with .php, I would imagine, but I've no experience with things of that nature.

In any case, since it's been so long, I have so many new things to post. Sadly, I cannot post them all. But here is one you may enjoy! It may or may not be from VSII, but I won't tell you either way. Forthcoming, the producer will be releasing two tracks that certainly are from VSII, so at that time I'll be posting them here, as well.

Once again, this one is an orchestral piece. But if you can bear with me for another few days, those other tracks will showcase other styles that you may or may not particularly enjoy. One is, if I'm using the terminology correctly, a trance and/or techno song; the other is, well, orchestral, but probably something the likes of which you've never heard from me.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 04:51:00 AM by Tarranon »

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
when you upload your song as an attachment to the forum, right click on the link it produces on your post and copy that URL. Then edit your post and place that URL in between the [ mp3 ] tags. Make sure that you put a ".mp3" at the end of your url when in those tags so it recognizes it. Roph made a topic about this not too terribly long ago, which is about the time in my last post here lol, i was testing it out then.

Download http://rmrk.net/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=32784.0;attach=18097.mp3
Quote my post and you can check out how it was done.

P.S. I like your new song :) it's very relaxing

Rep:
Level 85
 Two days comes sooner than one would think, no? I've been told that this track has been released, so I'm now free to post it here!
This is the other orchestral song I was talking about- a city theme, as it were.

If I'm not terribly mistaken (and I'm sure Arlen can correct me on this if I'm wrong), this is scored in 2/4 time, with the stress on the first beat. It gives it a kind of marching progression, or at least that was my intention. All in all, not my usual fare, but then again, the producer of VS challenged me to experiment with a lot of different styles for the second game. Hopefully it'll all turn out worthwhile...

« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 04:50:25 AM by Tarranon »

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
That song is great Tarranon! Really really nice. I <3

Rep:
Level 85
 Well, the producer has informed me that he'll be rotating releases between songs, screenshots, and pictures...which means that the next song would be released in two weeks...which is too much time! I don't think he'd be too upset with me if I posted here prematurely (after all, what else is the auditorium for if not to showcase music? I can't get critiques if I don't post!). Hopefully he won't notice, though...

Anyway, here is the next one. It was the first time I tried to do anything related to "techno", so hopefully it came out all right. This is a battle theme with a recurring character; hence, I did a remix of the first battle theme with him. And now to let you all in on the joke: the first 15 seconds are a horribly distorted version of the first 15 seconds of the original, before Weapon's VA cuts in. It's a little meta, but since the second time you fight him he's a lot harder, his comment implies not only that the battle will be more difficult, but also to reassure the player that, in fact, his fight theme won't be the same! It seemed like a good/funny idea at the time, and the producer went along with it, but I wonder if it's actually too corny? I mean, breaking the fourth wall is generally frowned upon, even if it's done indirectly, isn't it?

« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 04:51:22 AM by Tarranon »

Rep:
Level 97
haha, very sneaky Tarranon :)

Am downloading now, but in case people don't want to d/l:

Download http://rmrk.net/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=32784.0;attach=18241
I can remove that if you'd prefer people to d/l though :)

Also, I don't think that the meta is bad in that case. He could easily be talking to the characters, so it's not obvious in any case. The fact that it comments on the music is just a plus.

Also, I liked it - :)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 09:19:38 PM by Owyn »

Rep:
Level 85
 It wasn't that I particularly wanted people to download it. For some reason, when I put the streaming bar up there, it only played the first second or so of the song before it cut out. Didn't really know how to fix that, so I just took it out all together.

Rep:
Level 85
 Alack, another song! This is really turning in to quite an ordeal...I don't frequent the forum as often as I should, perhaps, so I find that I frequently have to go back and remove old songs so that I don't exceed the limit.
 Anyway, the release is getting closer by the minute! I'm fairly excited at the prospect, as I'm sure you can imagine. I think the sequel will be leaps and bounds better than its predecessor in practically all ways, including the music. Or at least, I'd like to believe that's the case, which is why I keep posting things here. If something sounds a bit off, you guys are all more likely to catch it than me; after all, since I have to listen to the songs so much, it's very likely that I'll miss or overlook some fault that a fresh listener would notice immediately. So please don't hesitate to tell me if you think something needs fixing! The soundtrack is technically finished for the second game, but it still isn't too late to go back and change something if it's required!

Download http://rmrk.net/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=32784.0;attach=18368.mp3