RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
AWorks Input Module

Rep:
Level 84
AWorks Input Module
Version: 3.00
Author: AWorks(vgvgf)
Date: 26/01/2009(Day/Month/Year)

Description

This script simulates the RGSS module "Input". It is not the original module, but it has all the original module functions and some new.

Version History
  • 3.00 - Use of a DLL for faster proccessing.

Features

• All original RGSS Input module features
  • All keyboard and mouse keys support
  • Key release detection
  • Mouse cursor detection
  • Mouse double click detection
  • Mouse dragging detection

Planned Features
  • Mouse wheel support
  • Writing system
  • Key combinations
  • Suggest your ideas

Script & Demo

ADemo XP.rar
ADemo XP.zip
AWorks Script Pack.rar
AWorks Script Pack.zip

Instructions

Instalation
Place the DLL provied in your game project. Add the "ALibrary" script in a new section before "Main", followed by the script "AIM" and "AKM". If you want to add mouse support to the Input module add the script "AIM M", and it is highly recommended to add the compability patch "AIM PXP".

Special Thanks

• Poccil(Peter O.)
    •   - For his researchs on modifing ruby objects with C
  • ERZENGEL
    •   - For his help in editing ruby strings with C

Notes

• This script is compatible with both makers: RMXP and RMVX, RGSS and RGSS2.
  • This script wasn't designed for non scripters, and may be hard to understand and use. However, I will try to help everybody.
Credits

I would like to be credited if you use my script.

Rep: +0/-0Level 84
so.....

how do i add keys?
how do i activate keys?
how do i use this other than put it in...lol

Rep:
Level 84
All keyboard + mouse keys are listed in the Keys module. For seeing if for example the key G is pressed, do:
Code: [Select]
if Input.press?(Keys::G)
  [...]
end

how do i add keys?
Well, I don't understand what "add keys" exactly means. If you want, for example to make some action to be called by a key trigger, it depends on the action you want to call.
how do i activate keys?
Pressing the keys in the keyboard? Or what do you mean?
how do i use this other than put it in...lol
If you don't know scripting this may be a bit difficult to implement, but it shouldn't be really complicated. Also, using this script for something depends totaly in what you want to do. For example, if you want to make the player to run when pressing the F key, you had add to the method update from Game_Player for example:
if Input.press?(Keys::F)
  @move_speed = 5
else
  @move_speed = 4
end
If you want to make for example a Monster book scene when pressing the key M, you had to add to somewhere in Scene_Map:
if Input.trigger?(Keys::M)
  $scene = Scene_MonsterBook.new
end
So it totaly depesn on what do you want to do. If you explain me a bit what do you want, I will try to help you.

Rep:
Level 84
Yes, hoh my gawd!
wheres your Name Input, Number Input, and Password Input add on?

Rep:
Level 84
wheres your Name Input, Number Input, and Password Input add on?
That's another script, my Write script. I still have to improve it, but first I want to work on my ARGSS library project, as it will improve lots of things and I want to finish it first before advancing with my other scripts.

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
Sorry for necroposting, but I have a question.  Does this script support controllers by any chance?  Or, is it possible to add support for them?  I'm currently trying to make a game that makes use of several controllers but I don't know how to take input from more than one controller at a time.  Alright, thanks.

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
How is it possible to activate mouse input for the whole game, from menu selection, to directional movement? Thank you.