RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Visual] Through My Eyes

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
I was taking some pictures the other day, and I realized that I still had a lot of pictures on my camera that I had taken from various vacations in the past. I took some of the better ones, resized them, and have gathered them here for you to look at if you want.

This is Port Canaveral back from when I visited Florida. Wasn't the best day for a launch, but the ocean was still beautiful. The last time I had even seen the ocean was back when I was around 6, so I was pretty excited.

At one point on a cruise, the ocean and the sky blended almost perfectly together in the sunlight. I don't think I caught it on camera nearly as good as it looked in real life, though.

A random isle in the Bahamas. It was so small and peaceful looking that I had to snap a picture.

This is a bicycle trail on Castaway Cay. Despite the blazing island heat, it was a wonderful experience going along it to Serenity Bay. I had a hard time coming back though, because my nerves had been shot thanks to seeing a real shark swimming not five feet away from me at Serenity Bay. >_<

Eve watched the movie "Pirates of the Caribbean"? Well, this is where the Flying Dutchman wound up after shooting was done. It's now a sort of tourist attraction at Castaway Cay. Sorry for the smudge mark in the middle.

Simple picture of the ocean through my port window.

This is a picture of a storm off in the distance. We got hit by it a few hours later, if I recall right.

The great blue ocean at sundown. It's really something to stare into the infinity of the sea at this time of the day.

A rolling storm. Interesting that it was blue skies on one side of the ship, and a rainstorm on the other.

Same sea, different place. This is actually Montauk Point on Long Island, New York. I had visited New York for my grandmother's funeral, and wanted to spend the final day of the trip seeing the sights.

Montauk Point again. It's a wonderful place, I wish I had spent more time there.

Okay, enough of the sea. Let's go on to something more personal.

My house at Halloween time. It's not much, but it's home. You can see one of our dogs looking out the front door. Please note, this was NOT taken by me. It was my first Halloween away from home, so my mother took this one for me and sent it to me.

My front yard. You can see our old husky Ginny in the dog kennel there. She passed away last summer. Every once in a while my father will bring his horses from the stables and let them "mow the lawn" for us. Again, taken by my mother, not me.

Wintertime at my home. We had unexpectedly gotten a lot of snow overnight, and it made for a good scene. This one WAS taken by me.

Our humble Christmas tree. We always go out and cut our own tree. Almost all of the presents under the tree are for my brother, who you can partially see on the computer there in the corner.

Doesn't she look cute in a bow? This is Katie, my mother's eldest golden retriever.

My girls. That's the mother Katie on the far right, and her two daughters Mira (the lighter one) and Petite (the darker one) on the left.

Okay, let's move on to the mountains.

Shenandoah Mountains, Virginia. No comment needed here.

Got a wonderful view from here. Really makes you feel small, doesn't it?

I came back later for another picture. The clouds make a nice effect, though it was freezing cold.

We had to slow down due to a deer crossing the road, and I told my father to stop for a moment so I could snap this shot.

Same place, different time. Kinda creepy looking, huh?

I don't care what you say. There is absolutely nothing that can beat watching a Shenandoah sunset.

We got up early with some borrowed military night-vision googles and went out to the Big Meadows to see how many deer we could spot. Counted almost 25 once in a single area. But even without the googles, the view was impressive.

Big Meadows during the day. The weather could have been better, but it was a good shot.

Sunset in the Big Meadows. Shortly after taking this picture, I kinda got chased away by a bear. Make a memo: if you hear a rustling in the bushes, don't investigate. It might be a bear cub and a protective mother. n__n;;

I don't remember what mountain trail this was on, but I couldn't pass up taking a shot of this.

Further along the same trail. It was really peaceful there.

This was on a different trail. I wish I could remember which one. >_<

Last ones, this time of Chicago.

This is the view from the lounge on the top floor of my dorm building last year. Coincidentally, the lounge was just across the hall from my room.

This was the view from my dorm window last year. What you see there is Lake Michigan. I don't have nearly as good a view this year.

Chicago as seen from the zoo's parking lot. Sorry about that speck there.

And last one for today, a misty Chicago as seen from Navy Pier.

Simple pictures of life through my eyes.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 06:34:25 PM by boe »

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Writer2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Best Counsel2014 King of RMRK2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member

I don't remember what mountain trail this was on, but I couldn't pass up taking a shot of this.

This was on a different trail. I wish I could remember which one. >_<

Although it is just an average digital camera, nothing special from what I assume, these are two well done shots, and would be this way if done with any sort of camera. Very nice.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
2014 Most Missed Member2013 Most Mature Member2013 Kindest Member2013 Best Counsel2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer2012 Kindest Member2012 Best Counselluv u bb <3Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantFor taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2010 Kindest Member
Oh you've been to so many lovely places *_*

Loved them all, thank you for sharing :D

Varied Artist
Rep:
Level 87
Wonderful shots!  Very inspirational.  Makes me want to paint.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
Although it is just an average digital camera, nothing special from what I assume, these are two well done shots, and would be this way if done with any sort of camera. Very nice.

Oh you've been to so many lovely places *_*

Loved them all, thank you for sharing :D

Thank you. These bring back so many memories...

Wonderful shots!  Very inspirational.  Makes me want to paint.

=D

If you do paint something, be sure to draw in a little white fox somewhere in it. :V

Rep:
Level 84
Is a New Zealander
Found your comment about not seeing the ocean since you were six very interesting. I live near the beach and definitely take it for granted.
I'm much too lazy to put an actual signature here.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Those are really beautiful shots. The ones of florida and lake michigan are especially pretty.
Megapixels only take a shot so far, the photographer is good too!