RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Do You Act Differently During A Full Moon?

Poll

Do You Act Differently During A Full Moon?

Yes, I'm not myself
1 (7.1%)
Kind of, I feel a little off
2 (14.3%)
No, its everyone else
0 (0%)
No, I notice no difference
11 (78.6%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Rep:
Level 84
~Chase Leader~
Does anyone feel or act differently during a Full Moon?
Just a random fun little poll, if this needs to be moved then whatever...

Its an old myth that hasn't been proven true or false...I just wanted to hear what everyone had say about this...
I have noticed that people act odd and somewhat aggressive when there is a Full Moon, I know I'm not the only one that thinks this...
I want to know if anyone can tell a difference in their own behavior during a Full Moon?

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
Your poll is a little biased. My choices are yes, yes, and no, but everyone else is yes (which amounts to a yes, the full moon makes people act differently). I don't notice myself acting differently; I don't notice anyone else acting differently.

Rep:
Level 84
~Chase Leader~
Sorry for that, I knew I was missing an option in the poll...I fixed it just now...thanks for bringing that to my attention.
Now the answers include:
Yes, I am not myself (that you notice a difference in myself)
Kind of, I feel a little off (that you at least know you feel a little off during Full Moons)
No, its everyone else (meaning that I am normal and don't notice a change in myself but others act strange during a Full Moon)
No, I notice no change (meaning that you don't act differently and you can't see a change in other people during a Full Moon)

So the answers really translate to Yes, Possibly, Not Me, No Change in anyone
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 01:39:01 PM by Chase_Leader »

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
what..

No..
Not me..not anyone I know..
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 84
~Chase Leader~
I think people notice it more often when they are either working or driving...
I know I am not the only one out there that thinks the moon has an impact on how we behave...

Try monitoring people during a Full Moon to see if you can tell a difference, ask someone if you act any different during a Full Moon...
I do know that some people aren't affected by the Moon...so I guess some people may not notice anything...interesting...

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
not really, though it's fun to pretend.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Werewolves...

my bruthas ;_;
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 84
Tell Cloud I have a phone.
The moon controls the water!
So some guy says.
Anyway During the full moon nothing changes about me.
not really, though it's fun to pretend.
NAMKCOR that is so true lol.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Well I get all hairy and walk like a dog but my doctor says its puberty
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
I know some people who really do believe themselves to be werewolves, so they go eat raw meat and get unusually agressive on full moon nights. Pretty weird even by my standards...

At any rate, the lunar effect may be still debated, but it holds little water in real science. I personally have neither seen nor felt any changes in my personality/behavior during a full moon, so I'd say it's just old folklore.

Rep:
Level 84
~Chase Leader~
Other than the fact that our brain is 80% water, and the fact that when the moon is full we have Lunar Tides...I think it holds some relevance...
Our bodies need water and the moon does have a weird effect on water during a full moon...but maybe it is indeed folklore.

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
I act differently depending on what people I'm around, but no, I don't think a full moon has much to do with that.

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 84
Is a New Zealander
I grow an insane amount of hair and go rabid during full moons.
I'm much too lazy to put an actual signature here.

Rep:
Level 84
~Chase Leader~
We all know werwolves exist...duh ::)

Maybe I'm the only one who notices slight differences in others on this message board...ohh well...maybe I am a werwolf...

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Well I get all hairy and walk like a dog but my doctor says its puberty

holy shit that made me lol so hard
+rep
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 91
Blah blah blah...
Project of the Month winner for November 2008
During full moons my school turns into a giant tower and me and a couple friends usually go in there to kill stuff by shooting ourselves in the head repeatedly.
Other than that, no. I'm pretty sure nobody acts weird on full moons, let alone notice one.

- -

Rep:
Level 84
~Chase Leader~
Seriously, if I wanted to make a thread about Werwolves I would have...I don't know people should maybe look it up, even though it is folklore some do believe that there is some science behind it.

This thread should be closed its not about werwolves, it was probably funny the first time someone suggested something about werwolves but now its just irritating.  Yes movies are made where a person turns into a werewolf but I am talking about mental changes not physical!

I am not saying there is a drastic change in behavior, but a very very slight change in the way act or think, I can't prove this thats why some call it folklore or a common misconception.  However people who drink are affected by the lunar phases:
According to Allan Hall of the Sunday-Times, German researchers Hans-Joachim Mittmeyer of the University of Tübingen and Norbert Filipp from the Health Institute of Reutlingen claim that "a study of police reports for 50 new and full Moon cycles" shows that the moon is "responsible for binge drinking."
"The results show there is a definite correlation between new and full Moons and the amount of alcohol consumed."

So if there is some evidence that some people act differently when overloaded with alcohol, then who is to say someone had too much water and was affected?

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
My understanding is that ater is affected by the moon's gravity ~ only large bodies of water are affected that way. It makes absolutely no sense to say the water of which our body is primarily composed is affected. Have you ever seen tides in a water glass? In a swimming pool? Even in the great lakes there aren't tides. If the moon has no effect on a great lake, which covers a vast amount of space, it certainly won't affect a human being. Further, tides is a daily cycle (high tide/low tide) and it's caused by the rotation of the moon ~ namely "It arises because the gravitational force exerted on one body by a second body is not constant across its diameter." (Wikipedia) It would have nothing to do with the full moon, which only happens once a month.

For that study, I'd have to see the parameters of it to know if it's reliable. How many people, on what days of the week the full moon landed.
But if it is true that people's behaviours change on the full moon, which I seriously doubt, then it would have nothing to do with the water in our bodies.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
There have been several "studies" on this, and the results have varied rather differently. In the end though, I think most have agreed that this is just a legend and nothing more. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunar_effect

Personally, I have neither seen nor felt any personality or behavioral changes in anyone except for those with the psychological effect of thinking that they would change when they know it's a full moon (such as those people I mentioned earlier who really do believe themselves to be werewolves). If they hadn't known it to be a full moon, they would not have acted differently, and thusly it's something in their head rather than something caused by the moon.