RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Volume Display

Rep:
Level 88
Unoriginal text here.
It's difficult turning the volume up during my games, because when I do, the volume display pops up, and it causes my game to either lag like crazy until the display goes away, or tab out until the display goes away.

I'd like to be able to change the volume without having my games tab out or lag. It's a real pain in the ass.

EDIT: Oh, right, almost forgot the question. :D

OK, so is there an option that will make that display NOT show up? Or a software I can download that removes it?

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Don't your speakers have a volume button/nob? Or are you on a laptop? D:

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Don't your speakers have a volume button/nob? Or are you on a laptop? D:

my laptop specifically has buttons for increasing/decreasing volume, and I never see that popup =o

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
I think it depends on the laptop. .-.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
I think it depends on the laptop. .-.

most laptops I've seen lately either have buttons that do that, or they are ctrl or alt functions on the F(x) keys

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 88
Unoriginal text here.
I have a sliding touch volume button. I just swipe my finger across it to increase or decrease it. It is a laptop.

Rep:
Level 102
What laptop is it? :l

Rep:
Level 88
I have that same setup. The only thing I can suggest:

Keep your volume at a level you like it. Also, if you have the exact same setup as me, sometimes those nice little buttons won't work. Some programs seem to kill em. >.>

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Most Unsung Member2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Disable showing the volume icon in the task bar?
bringing sexy back

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
i know exactly what he means(for once).

When my quick volume buttons are used a big rounded rectangle appears in the middle of the screen to show the volume usually alt tabbing certain games.

i can disable mine by uninstalling it i think. Im not sure on the name of it though ill have my laptop on later today and will find out