RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Visual] Valyrie Void

Varied Artist
Rep:
Level 87
Sorry for my inactivity, I've been crazy busy.  Here's a sketch of my newest character.  Planning on modeling her in 3D.

Concept Sketch:

Spoiler for:

Finished Model:

Spoiler for:
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 06:34:13 PM by boe »

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
Not sure why, but the first thing that came to mind when I saw her was "GUTAIR HERO!", and then my jaw dropped.

Wonderful work as always, Gary. :3

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007
All I can say is that it looks stunning. Wonderfull as always :)

Rep:
Level 87
Great work, can't wait for the 3D model version. ^^

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
She's wicked - I love how realistic the shawl looks too.

Varied Artist
Rep:
Level 87
Thanks a lot guys!

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
I thought guitar hero as well. xD

I actually dislike the shawl- not that it isn't drawn well. It looks superb, but it feels out of place. It doesn't seem functional, like the rest of her attire. That being said I have no idea what you might replace it with, but still, it seems...off.

Rep:
Level 84
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A huge jaw-dropping "wow" from my seat. You have a talent my friend. Don't you hide that under a bushel.

Varied Artist
Rep:
Level 87
@Arrow - I see where you're coming from.  The shawl thing isn't so much for function as it is for making her look less "punk".  I wanted the darker gothic look it gave.  The shawl was very much inspired by this black metal bassist: link

@Mantic - Thank you!  I'm far from well known in the art world, but places like this offer an inviting environment for me to share my work.

Varied Artist
Rep:
Level 87
WIP:

Spoiler for:

Spoiler for:

Rep:
Level 88
I'm scared of my grandma. Wouldn't you be?
Wow! This is very amazing! Keep it up! And as the_matic said, don't hide this talent! And I can't wait to see the finished 3D model!

Rep:
Level 84
I must say I wish I had such a gift for drawing, it's quite excelent. Keep up the good work.
"Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo"

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
I'll fap to that!

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
LOL. That's what I was thinking. :V

It looks absolutely amazing. The only thing I feel is off are those streaks/streamers of purple because... they just look like one color and it throws the realistic part of it off a little for me :p

EDIT: Do you draw by hand or by computer?

Varied Artist
Rep:
Level 87
The coloured sketch was done with Photoshop and a tablet.  The 3D model is being modelled in 3DS Max.

Varied Artist
Rep:
Level 87
Another WIP.

Spoiler for:

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Ohhhhhhhhhh. It looks well on the way. :D

Varied Artist
Rep:
Level 87
Coming along slowly but surely...

Spoiler for:

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Oh wow,, the model looks amazing!

I'd also like to ask you how you are SO good at drawing?!??!?!?!  ;8

Varied Artist
Rep:
Level 87
Oh wow,, the model looks amazing!

I'd also like to ask you how you are SO good at drawing?!??!?!?!  ;8

Practice, practice, practice.  I don't consider myself good yet though.

Varied Artist
Rep:
Level 87
Well I'm out of time, so this is as done as the model gets.  I may rig and animate this another time.

Spoiler for:

Rep:
Level 87
Execellent work, though I don't like the guitar much. :\