RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Hello

Rep:
Level 84
Is a New Zealander
Hey guys,

Jonesy here. Used to be registered on this site ages back under some alias I can't recall - didn't do anything impressive, in any case. Lately I've been bored and decided I might try out RPG Maker again, spent the past two days hunting for this community and finally found it when I heard mention of Postality Knights and recalled this site :P

I plan on writing a novel, however the current idea I have would not fit into a game at all well, hence I'll make a new story for the game. Still, a part of me holds regret at making a game, and dedicating so much time to something only a few will play.

I'm unsure of what engine to use, tossing up between XP and 2000/3. VX is out of the question. (What would you guys recommend?)

I'll try my hand to create my own music for the game, but my talents in that area are very, uhh, limited. :P (I use Guitar Pro to write).

I will also try my hand at creating my own backgrounds and such, maybe even painting every single map, not sure yet. Don't even have a seed for a story yet either. :P

Anywho, I'm Jonesy, and I look forward to being part of this community.

-J
I'm much too lazy to put an actual signature here.

Rep:
Level 84
Live it up!
Hi, I'm quite curious at what your novel is about.
I wrote a novel once and wanted to make it to a game (back when there was only 2k3) but never got to work on it, though I am trying once again. 

Anyways, it's nice to meet you. ^_^
Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality.

My Blogsite

Rep:
Level 84
Is a New Zealander
For now it's a closely guarded secret. :P Still in the conceiving stage atm too; I have a seed, it just needs a bit of water.
I'm much too lazy to put an actual signature here.

Rep:
Level 84
Live it up!
lol, I'll be sure to wait for whatever fruit that seed will bear in the future.
Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality.

My Blogsite

Rep:
Level 87
Welcome to RMRK, enjoy your stay. ^^

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Writer2014 Best Counsel2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 King of RMRK2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
Welcome to RMRK Jonesy, and happy Valentine's Day!

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun