RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Request] Chrono Trigger battle system

Rep: +0/-0Level 84
Code:

<Chrono Trigger battle script>
<2/12/09>

Summary
I've been searching for something like this for quite a while now.
I'm making a VX game and I'm in desperate need of this script.
Basically what I want it to do is enter the battle without having to change into the battle scene.
I want the battle to happen right on the spot, but not in ABS style.
I'm sure most of you know what I mean if you played chrono trigger
So, can any talented scripters make this not only for me, but for the sake of many other VX users who wants to have a Chrono trigger battle system?

Features Desired
  • a battle where it doesn't have to change scenes for the battle to happen
  • The battle commands will pop up as soon as you meet an enemy. The battle will be in generic turn based style
  • customizable Hp/mp bar(place and looks)
  • customizable character animation(like the one in RPG tankentai's side view script)
  • customizable Character placement
  • Characters are placed at the bottom of the screen
  • Enemies are at the top of the screen
  • When the attack command executes, the character will run towards the target and attack
  • The character must come back to its initial starting spot after the attack
  • Character and enemies must not move through walls and other impassable objects while in battle
  • I think it will be easier to just edit the side view scripts rather than starting it all over from scratch

Mockups
This is the closest I can make it to with side view script

Games its been in
  • Chrono Trigger

Did you search?
yes

Where did you search?
  • Most Japanese sites
  • rmrk
  • RRR

What did you search for?
  • Rpg maker VX chrono trigger battle script
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 03:02:44 PM by jegnan »

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
youll need to go into more detail theres a template stickied in this forum that you could use

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Hmmm... battle systems are always difficult scripts to make because they have to be so customized. Unlike with a menu, where scenes can be added without much difficulty, practically everything you want with a battle system has to be integrated by one scripter. So, are there any scripts that you particularly want this to be compatible with. Also, what kind of animation do you want? Just walking forward?

I probably won't make it since they are so time consuming, but those are questions I'd ask if I did. Maybe once I have finished my scripting to do list I'll take another look

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
you could hvae someone just modify actor positions in the Tatenkai script, and then find or make a map as battleback script.

for the sake of simplicity, they'd go through walls and stuff :/
but it's most of what you're looking for I suppose.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep: +0/-0Level 84
So, are there any scripts that you particularly want this to be compatible with. Also, what kind of animation do you want? Just walking forward?

oh hi algebra! I'm using your quest script and I absolutely LOVE IT! Thanks for the nice script! Anyways, I've always wanted to combine the tankentai's sideview battle script with stray cat's XP battle script because one of the xp battle scripts actually let you have some fancy hp, mp, status, and over drive bars. I HEARD there is a script that enables those scripts to coexist, but I've yet to find one.

As for animation, it's kinda complicated. Basically I want most of the customizable animation options available in the sideview script(attack, move, evade, skill, etc). That's why I think it's best for someone to just try to edit the existing sideview script if possible.

you could hvae someone just modify actor positions in the Tatenkai script, and then find or make a map as battleback script.

for the sake of simplicity, they'd go through walls and stuff :/

well I already adjusted the actor positions and all using the tankentai script. If I could find the map as battle back script then maybe I'm all set. Do you know where it is?