RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Anime/Manga Video Games

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
I think I tried playing a game based on this series once, and it was one of those horrid "fighting" games where both combatants are in separate windows on either side of the screen, and take turns attacking each other. I don't know how the series is, but avoid the games at all cost.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 01:21:32 AM by KitKatKan .-. »

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
I think I tried playing a game based on this series once, and it was one of those horrid "fighting" games where both combatants are in separate windows on either side of the screen, and take turns attacking each other. I don't know how the series is, but avoid the games at all cost.

I'll keep that in mind.
I usually avoid games based on tv shows/movies as they tend to suck :(

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
The one on ps2 was awesome :<

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
Off Topic: Staying away from "movie" games as i call them is usually a good rule of thumb, but i'm making an exception for Death Note for DS for obvious reasons (pppfft.) And D. Gray Man, for personal reasons.  Awesome.

On Topic: I've read this a couple of times in Shohen jump, i don't think it would capture my attention for too long (Watching a friggen five-episode fight isn't my cup of tea, and this seems to be one of those) but the parts i read seemed pretty alright.

Moderator Topic: In the meantime, stay on topic. I don't want to have to split this, seems like too much work ._.;

Yes i am being a hypocrite :V

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
The one on ps2 was awesome :<

That could very well be the case. Maybe I should've said stay away from the GBA games.

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
OH HEY I SPLIT A TOPIC :V

You made me do work  ;9

Rep:
Level 94
Why did this need split? The topic is Yu Yu Hakusho.

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
It became Anime Video Games? Do they Suck? Don't they suck?

Well, the actual discussion concerned the idea of whether or not anime video games were any good, and what systems they are worth playing on -_o

well, Yu Yu Hakusho games anyways.

anyhow we all wanted to talk about this at some point.

/justification.

Rep:
Level 88
Unoriginal text here.
I love manga/anime based video games. Most games based off of movies and cartoons suck. But games based off of anime or manga are usually good. I guess you just got unlucky, OP.

Like the .hack// games. Those are so good, they're almost orgasmic. Or Gundam games. I love the old Federation vs. Zeon.

But then we reverse it! How about anime based off of video games? Well, most anime like that is based off of a hentai game. Like Shuffle. Actually, I think the Shuffle anime is a lot better than the hentai game.

Oh, and Naruto video games are usually fun. I liked Naruto 4 for the gamecube the best. Too bad they never brought it to America, and my time's already ran out to get a copy and a freeloader for it. =( But I still kick ass in Naruto Ultimate Ninja, especially when I play as Hinata.

And then there's video games that aren't necessarily based of a particular anime or manga, but ARE done in an anime/manga style. Persona 3 is da bomb! Phoenix Wright. Artificial Girl 3. Guilty Gear.

Rep:
Level 88
Every single professional anime game I've ever played, save for the .hack series, was terrible in my opinion. And .hack always bores me after a while.

And then there's video games that aren't necessarily based of a particular anime or manga, but ARE done in an anime/manga style.
You can't really do that, considering a HUGE amount of games are like that. Most JRPGs are like that, but have no real connection to an anime or anything.

Although, if we throw doujin games (fan games) in there, there are a few good ones of those. Now, I'm not talking about those stupid games lots of people like to attempt to make in RPG Maker or anything. I'm talking about the REAL fan games. Although at the moment, none really spring to mind, but that's probably because of my lack of sleep.

Also...

Phoenix Wright. Artificial Girl 3. Guilty Gear.
The fact that you put AG3 anywhere near those great games sickens me.

Rep:
Level 88
Unoriginal text here.
And now I'm excited over X Blades, the game about the anime-style girl with the ass. Seriously, that's the main feature: Her ass. From what I've heard, the gameplay was pretty shitty. It got about the same rating as "Onechanbara Bikini Samurai Squad", but I enjoyed that a lot, so I bet I'll enjoy this too.

Soon as I can afford it, anyway. Given the game's supposed not-so-great-iness, the price should drop soon.

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
Since this is here, might as point out as it fits the title, the 'Tears to Tiara' PS3 Game is simply <3

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Project of the Month winner for September 2009
Tears to Tiara PS3 Game is simply <3

LOL

Tentacles anyone?

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Every single professional anime game I've ever played, save for the .hack series, was terrible in my opinion. And .hack always bores me after a while.

Actually the Dragon Ball Z fighting games were always a blast! I never played the .hack games, the manga was fun but agreed, the anime got kidna headache boring after awhile. Good thing they only did three volumes of manga.

Does pokemon count? Really, it's hard arguing that, at the very least, red, blue, silver, gold and crystal didn't suck or get bad until you've beaten it about four times UNLESS you had the entire set of a single campaign. Leaf Green and Fire Red were cool too, and the latest iterations are pretty good, but forget their names.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 05:44:15 AM by Sir Jack Stiles »

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
Dragon Ball Z has a ton of fighting games where the characters start out with split screens until they get close enough to each other. Those games are actually pretty cool and don't involve taking turns, though...

At least the SNES ones are cool. Once it got 3D, I stopped caring.

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Dragon Ball Z has a ton of fighting games where the characters start out with split screens until they get close enough to each other. Those games are actually pretty cool and don't involve taking turns, though...

At least the SNES ones are cool. Once it got 3D, I stopped caring.

I remember a DBZ RPG on the SNES, but the first DBZ fighter I played was Budakai.
The split screen thing sounds really neat.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Afro Samurai was pretty good. Until it wasn't anymore.

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008

LOL

Tentacles anyone?

Why you have to come up with that <shrugs>

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Project of the Month winner for September 2009

LOL

Tentacles anyone?

Why you have to come up with that <shrugs>

Coincidently, I was playing Tears to Tiara at a relative's house. After getting quite far through the game, a skit involving tentacles was shown, which made me slap my own head quite hard.

EDIT: I was obviously playing the PS3 version.

Rep:
Level 88
Unoriginal text here.
What were those tentacles doing? And to whom were they doing it to?