RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Bring Back Ads?

Poll

Bring Back Ads?

I'd prefer the old "hide them for a while" option
5 (20.8%)
Yes, on the forum
0 (0%)
Yes, on the homepage and forum
12 (50%)
Only show to guests
3 (12.5%)
I'd prefer the old "hide them for a while" option
3 (12.5%)
No ads anywhere / Adblock baby
1 (4.2%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Voting closed: February 21, 2009, 01:22:18 PM

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
bringing sexy back

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
when its needed, yes
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
Well, i didn't even know you removed ads for guests, but if you honestly need the money i wouldn't mind one on the homepage.

Like at the bottom, where i don't have to look at it.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
As long as my anti-virus doesn't throw a fit because of them, I'll be fine with it.

Getting the money is more important than saving a few seconds of scrolling past annoying ads.

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Project of the Month winner for September 2009
I second Zylos's opinion; if it means RMRK will stay alive, I wouldn't mind them at all.

You zetta sons of digits.
Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
I didnt notice the ad's had gone, they also bring income for the site so it's a good thing :D

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
We shouldn't be picky about this. Definately bring ads on the homepage and forums
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
roph how much did they even make?

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Roph, even though the community has a lot of say in what goes on here, the site is ultimately yours and Crank's. I don't think any of the regulars would complain about you doing what you need to do to keep the place up and running. I know I sure wouldn't.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
This is true. You should do whatever is best for the site.

Not having this site < Banner Ads

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
If the symbol must be in that direction, then:

Banner Ads > Not having this site.

As in, banner ads are better than not having this site.

Oh come on Noumannnn you didn't know what I meant?

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
I was reading it as:

Not having this site > Banner Ads

not having this site IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN (>) having banner ads

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Which ever way the crocodile's mouth opens is the better option cause it's tastier :mad:

Cause 7 > 6  and 0.2 < 0.3

Obviously crocodiles love things that are larger in quantity and banner ads  :mad:
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 04:45:04 AM by grafikal009 »

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
I learned that the crocodile way .-.
bringing sexy back

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
shouldn't we start soon..? How much do ad's bring in anyway?

Rep:
Level 102
The site's ok =o This month is paid for and I've got next months (21st feb's bill) covered which will mean rmrk next needs money on april 21st =o

It's me that needs money, but I wouldn't wanna spend rmrk money (from ads or donations) on myself or anything but RMRK. Which is how it's always been =o
bringing sexy back

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
:O

no! if you need the computer by all means you need to use the ad revenue and or donations as long as RMRK is fine. I thought this was about generating income for your computer while RMRK is financially stable

Rep:
Level 102
Tried adding something above and in the sidebar, top isn't centered  :mad:
bringing sexy back

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
I don't see anything in the sidebar yet, though I see the top one.

~I see 'em now.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 06:20:44 PM by grafikal009 »

Rep:
Level 102
Google hasn't sent its ad crawler to RMRK in a while, since no ads have been on rmrk in a while. So for now, it has none. The top one defaults to public service, the right one just shows a solid color (same as the background, so it's hidden) if there's nothing to show.
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
I don't think most rmrk members want to buy or lease a new honda. =x

Rep:
Level 102
It's throwing out bullshit right now since it hasn't crawled, as said in my last post. I see swedish language or something ads right now =s
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel

Rep:
Level 102
It'll take a few hours, or maybe up to 48 I think till google properly crawls (crawlers for normal search and crawlers to place relevent ads are seperate).

It seems to be getting better for me, already I see ads about online games (actually one I played, shaiya =o)
bringing sexy back