RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
The Awakening (Now with a Demo and Screenshots)

Rep: +0/-0Level 84
The sigil of ice keeps me at bay...
Okay, I've been floating around for some time now, and I think it's time I put up some info on my game.

So, here it is;

A thousand years ago, there was an Emperor who's rule spanned the world. His acension was a time of unmitigated horror, and he seemed immortal. No poison, blade or spell could harm him. In time, his people came to accept the rule of their tyrant Emperor. His agents were everywhere, and gifted with the Magic of the Emperor, they were almost as powerful as their liege, and as immortal.

250 years later one of those agents, known only as Shadefang, turned against his master, and rallied the people of the Tri-Islands to his cause. With their help, he stormed the Winter Palace, and waged a terrifying battle against the Emperor.

When it was over, Shadefang lay dying on the floor, and the Emperor lay dead near him. Delirious from blood loss, Shadefang kept repeating "His death is beginning and end, beginning and end," over and over until finally his last breath left him....

Corin - A young Mercenary living in the Tri-Islands.
Reanne - A priestess of Thunder living in the Underworld
Mae'Alric - An amnesiac young thief who travels the world.
Red - An enigmatic ranger who reveals little of himself.

Scripts
Selacious and Moghunter's Sel Menu
Woratana's Level Recover Script
Modern Algebra's Skill Teaching script
BigEd781's Equipment Stat Mods
And though not a true script, I have included a Common Event Socketing system for the weapons.

Demo Link: http://www.fileqube.com/shared/qpAbIuaJ1369190

Screenshots
Areas

Characters

« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 12:16:10 AM by WeaponMaster Kaesar »
Why does nobody ever stab somebody with a gunblade, and then pull the trigger?

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 8

I now have a demo ready to upload, however I can't attach it to the site. As soon as I can, I will.

Final Fantasy 8

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Suggestion: You should try and post screenshots of your game, possibly your title screen, a few ingame shots, a menu shot or anything else you think is cool. Also, what kind of scripts or features do you have or plan on having for your game? This creates a better appeal for your game and would hustle in more people to download. Also, this way with the screenshots, we can help you and give you mapping suggestions or otherwise better advice on your game.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 05:11:42 AM by grafikal009 »

*bows* I shall endeavor to do so, as soon as I figure out how to get a screenshot lol.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 05:05:08 AM by WeaponMaster Kaesar »

Final Fantasy 8

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Haha, makes sense. On a desktop, the print screen button is above your number pad. It's directly above the [ / ] button, fairly cleanly written [Print Screen | SysRq]. Just press it whenever your game is open and you want to shoot what it is your screen is looking at. Then open any image editing program, even MS Paint, and you can either right click and 'paste' or go to the menu bar and then 'paste'. Either way it'll paste the image of the screenshot into the program and from there you can crop the image to just the game's window. There's a way to hold in some other button in combination with the print screen to have it take a shot of just the active window you're at, but I forget it :P

Anyways, from there, you save the images and upload them to any image hosting website. I prefer tinypic.com or imageshack.us   

Then from there, copy the Forum URL that those sites provide into your first topic and, tadaaa, screenshots for us. :)

I'm wondering if this should be moved to the main projects area, since I do have my demo and screenshots up

Final Fantasy 8

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Thanks for screenshots. Well, your maps aren't ~bad, but they're very very empty. You need to do more than just walls.

Rep:
Level 91
Blah blah blah...
Project of the Month winner for November 2008
kinda hard to tell, but are you using the waterfall tileset for the roof of the ice area o.O
Well, doesn't look too bad. Just add things in between your walls, like rocks and trees and what not.

- -

Yea, I'm starting on that. It's not easy to design an underground world I am learning lol

Final Fantasy 8

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
what's with all the seemingly random color changes in the map?

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Those are different countries in that world. Some areas I had to distinguish with sound, because there was no appropriate tileset for them. Also, I apologize to anybody who grabbed the demo, I screwed up and uploaded the wrong file. I'll have that fixed on Monday, I'm not at my home system right now.

Final Fantasy 8

Okay folks, new demo is up

Final Fantasy 8

The demo is updated now with new scripts and a few new things. Please enjoy ^_^

Final Fantasy 8

Rep:
Level 86
The towns are really big and extremely empty for their size. You don't need to have so many houses scattered over that many maps. Also dying to monsters right as I start heading to the first town from beginning isn't much fun.  :(

I'm still adding to the beginning. You can talk to the mercenary lady in the palce admin building, and she'll let you use the training area

Final Fantasy 8

Rep:
Level 84
why have so many events in that area of world map? the more events you have the more it lags. have to be careful with stuff like that when game gets bigger

I noticed that early on, and it drove me to remove an entire continent. I've reduced the lag to a reasonable level now. It's mainly to make people go through forest areas than through the tile. I may just reset passability

Final Fantasy 8

I updated the demo, again, to take into account some of the comments made above, and to fix some of the... uh... *cough* numerous errors I neglected to fix in my last update.

Final Fantasy 8

I apologize for the abysmal lack of updates everybody. I hasten to assure you the project is not canceled. I'm just suffering from a touoch of writers block.

Final Fantasy 8