RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Project Passion - Demo Available

pokeball NinOffline
Rep:
Level 84

Project Passion - working title

Storyline:
Garret is a young man who recently moved with his beloved fiancée, Clarissa, to a town in the highlands called Vaelstaff.  Unfortunately, an un-diagnosable disease ravages Clarissa's body until she passes away a day before her and Garret's wedding. Garret is devastated.

Days later, the town is overrun by bandits from not far north in the mountains.  The frenzied bandits invade the townsfolk’s homes and take what they please.  An austere Garret is confronted by one of these bandits, and heavily wounded in an attempt to drive this bandit out of his house.  The bandit finds Garret’s cherished keepsake from Clarissa, and Garret watches helplessly as he leaves with his spoils.

Garret recovers and declares revenge on these brigands… but a mission to sneak into the bandits’ fortress and take the memento back turns into much more.  Might there be more to Clarissa’s timely death? You, the player, join Garret and future comrades on his quest fueled by passion to find answers.

Characters:

Garret
Garret is a strong-willed young man who tries to do everything within his best judgment.  Quickly, through being taught the basics of combat by Aldwyn, he becomes a skilled swordsman and trusty knight.

Clarissa
Clarissa, now deceased, was the beautiful girl whom Garret was to marry.  Garret is fueled by passion for her, but mysterious events begin to occur concerning this young woman even after death.  Was there more to Clarissa than expected?

Aldwyn
Aldwyn is good friends with Garret's mother, who showed him her newborn son as soon as possible.  Aldwyn is a wise old man, and always said there was promise in Garret.

?
Keep an eye out for this suspicious character.

Screenshots:
Paying Respects
Invasion
Vaelstaff?
Stereotypical gatesman
Watch yourself!
So much for sneaking around...

Demo v1.0:
Download Here
~20 minutes of gameplay if you're a badass.
~25 or 30 if you're average.
Downloads are appreciated! I dare say you may be surprised. ;)

Credit:
Spoiler for:
Storyline
Me

Graphics
Me
Enterbrain
Strawberry Quartz
hoko? (Needs Citing: If somebody can tell me exactly where the battlers came from, that would be great.)

Music
The Black Mages
Ichiko Furukawa
Makoto Tonosu
Ragnarok Composing Team
S.S.H.
Illustrationism
Enterbrain

Coding
Me
xLED
ccoa
Syvkal
J-Street
cogwheel
LegACy

Mapping/Eventing
Me
« Last Edit: January 18, 2009, 09:27:21 PM by Nin »

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Well, this meets requirements, and so I will choose to move it :)

I can't say I like the name of the project, and the bandits overrunning town seems a little overdone, though the wife dying is a little less so. Anyway, it looks like you've put some effort into this, and so I am sure it will be good. I will try and dl later.

pokeball NinOffline
Rep:
Level 84
You definitely should! The bandit thing is simply a segway to get the main character into the main meat of the story. Trust me, in the actual game, it isn't as big of a deal as it may seem.

The demo consists of the opening cutscene, introduction to weapons+armor, and the first "dungeon" per se being the bandit's fort. At the end of the demo you find something that leaves the storyline wide open to many possibilities, so the player can make their own assumptions of what may happen. The demo mostly showcases the mapping and gameplay at an easy difficulty.

Rep: +0/-0Level 84
I'm new to this forum so you're my lucky first post :lol:

The demo is great! I can't wait to play the full version or a new demo :D
(I hope either comes soon!)